PDA

View Full Version : Ejecting to the LEFT

Geronimo509
12-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I have a MK9 Elite '03 and it has about 500 rounds through it without a problem. Well, that all changed. I have a bunch of failures the other day. But, it was dirty from being pocket carried for about 2 months. I cleaned it really well and I have had no failures after that.

There is still a problem! The shell casings are being ejected to the right(normal), over my head(not normal) and even to the left(just weird). They are ejecting to the left and straight back about 50 percent of the time. I was thinking of replacing my recoil and mag springs, but someone said it was probably the extractor/ejector problems. What do you guys think?

jocko
12-22-2009, 08:16 AM
replace the recoiil springs, the mag spring shouldhave nothing to do with it. recoil springs can change ammo direction, as can certain brand sof ammo also. You never stated you changed ammo brands, so maybe the first thing to do is put in a new set of springs, and also check the ejectro to see that it is stillas it should be

PM sent

Geronimo509
12-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Just for everyone else who might have experience, I just ordered an extra power recoil spring 22.5lbs and guide rod set from wolff springs. So does anyone use them and how do they work for you?

jocko
12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Just for everyone else who might have experience, I just ordered an extra power recoil spring 22.5lbs and guide rod set from wolff springs. So does anyone use them and how do they work for you?

sure to let us know how it does in your MK.....

Geronimo509
12-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I will let everyone else know how it works. But no one else has used them before?