PDA

View Full Version : CW9 mag

bookemdano
12-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I drew my cw9 from my IBW holster and when I shot the first round the mag slid down some after the first shot.I'm not sure if I inadvertantly touched the mag release button slightly when I drew or what.When I took the mag out the next round was still in it partially thus did not feed.The bullet looked chopped up quite a bit on the hollow point.The inside of the gun looked ok.After checking everything out I reloaded gun and shot off six rds w/o any problems.What do you all think?This is the first time anything has happened,I have about 600 rds threw it.

PaiN
12-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Sounds like "user error" too me.

jocko
12-23-2009, 01:18 AM
If I had to make a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess), you inadvertanly hit the mag release button either while drawing or it was engaged before you even tried to draw it. With 600 rounds down range that is about 80 reloads, so in my opinion "user error" as PaIN stated.

bookemdano
12-23-2009, 08:59 PM
:)Thanks guys for the thoughts.I called kahr tech today and said they don't know of any one else having a prob.They think as we all did that i must have inadvertantly depressed the mag release.I bought my cw9 new in oct 09.I asked the tech when my gun with ser# EE3*** was made, he told me sept. 09.Talking about just in time delivery.Mine flew off the shelf. I paid $449 + tax brand new.Couldn't be happier.

paul0660
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
they don't know of any one else having a prob.

Well, dropping mags is a known problem and is even one of the multiple choices on their warranty page. In this case, since it hasn't recurred, you probably did hit the release. If you have more problems they will send you a new catch and spring free.

RLD440
12-25-2009, 08:41 AM
I drew my cw9 from my IBW holster and when I shot the first round the mag slid down some after the first shot.I'm not sure if I inadvertantly touched the mag release button slightly when I drew or what.When I took the mag out the next round was still in it partially thus did not feed.The bullet looked chopped up quite a bit on the hollow point.The inside of the gun looked ok.After checking everything out I reloaded gun and shot off six rds w/o any problems.What do you all think?This is the first time anything has happened,I have about 600 rds threw it.

Just wondering... any similar to what this guy was experiencing with his CW40?

YouTube - KAHR .40 Pistol Magazine FALLS OUT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIHCnmLT1Dw)

Vinikahr
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
:)Thanks guys for the thoughts.I called kahr tech today and said they don't know of any one else having a prob.They think as we all did that i must have inadvertantly depressed the mag release.I bought my cw9 new in oct 09.I asked the tech when my gun with ser# EE3*** was made, he told me sept. 09.Talking about just in time delivery.Mine flew off the shelf. I paid $449 + tax brand new.Couldn't be happier.

Hello,

When I bought my CW9 (Feb 2008), the magazine drop for the entire 200 break in period( I never touch the magazine release):32:. I called Kahr and they sent me a new magazine catch, it was a bit tricky to change it, but I was able to do it. After it was changed the CW9 has not drop the magazine one time.