PDA

View Full Version : Bent up brass

Muddflap
07-24-2011, 06:48 PM
I picked up a real nice used MK9 last week, and today is the first chance I've had to try it out. The good news, I put about 100 rounds downrange. 26 of them were Gold Dot 124 gr +p, and everything worked perfectly.
The thing that's got me wondering is that all the brass came out with one side bent in a little. It was worse on the Gold Dots. Several times I got hit in the face with spent brass too.
The only thing I have to compare it to is my K9, and it doesn't have either of those problems.
Is there anything I should be looking for on the bent brass issue?
Is there anything I can do about some of the brass coming straight back?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

jocko
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
its normal. the manual even shows it. A resizing dies normally takes careof it OK also.

Could be grip causing brass to cme straight back, might also just be the nature of the beast. try a different brand of ammo to see if the direction changes any. Nice gun, seems to bne working as it should IMO.

Muddflap
07-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks jocko.
I looked in the manual, and you're right. I never looked there because I already knew how to disassemble it for cleaning.
I might have limp wristed it a few times. I have pretty big hands, and I was having a little trouble hanging on to it when I did double taps. The K9 has more for me to hang on to, so that makes sense. I'll pay more attention next range trip.