PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Venders

IEDmagnet
12-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Ive got a Kahr MK9 that is showing some peeling in the chamber and came here to see if there are people having the same problem. Apparently the answer is yes, but I noticed something while looking at the pictures that have been posted. My Kahr doesn't have the "9X19" etched into the side, but it is still having the same flaking issues. Hmm, not sure what to make of all this. Are there 2 venders having the same issue, or did they stop etching the caliber on the side?

jocko
12-27-2009, 09:50 AM
first that I think we have heard on ther MK9 but that is quite possable as the PM9 were having this issue and the MK9 barrel and PM9 barrel come out out of same pot (so to say). Call kahr and ask for Ian and he will advise you to send your barrel in to them and they will replace it. (You can send it in via regular mail for about $5). You might ask Ian when talking to him about the missing 9x19 on your barrel ..

Give us his feedback also, if u will... helps everyone involved here..

wagon
12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Just speaking out of 1st handed experience:

Pix first so that Ian (and / or his team) can determine if what you're noticed warrant it to go back at their cost, he is indeed a very good contact.

Try to send the complete gun back, this is to avoid the "SLIM" possibility that you may need to play "final machining / finishing" -- few of us already had... This will also give them an opp to test fire the new barrel before returning it to you.

I don't need to wish you luck, coz Kahr will surely take care of their customers.

jocko
12-27-2009, 02:13 PM
wagon is right, ask them to issue a pre paid pick up. Not that the barrel should need any fitting, but if it does or something is out of spec with the barrel. they will have the entire gun to see that it is right.For sure they will want your old barrel back before they send u a new one. Run that by Iam if he says they can just ship you a barrel and ask for his advice over this. either way, I think you shold be OK ..

good luck..