PDA

View Full Version : Fyi; a correction

jocko
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Awhile back someone posted (and I cannot find it now either) that the new Massachusetts legal kahr PM9 had to have in order toget approved in that state a 10# + striker spring and an internal trigger lock. I questioned that and stated that I would try to find out of that was indeed true. IT IS NOT. the Mass legal PM9 has the exact same striker spring in it that all kahrs have and there is no inrternal trigger lock on the Mass compliant PM9. This was told to me by one of the directors at kahr. Just trying to make sure the right information gets out there..

medezyner
12-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Well jocko, that would be me. My partial mis-information was this: "They all must have: 10 lb trigger pull in double action mode, load indicator, key activated trigger lock. There are other requirements I can’t recall." Handguns in MA need to comply with two standards - the law (see Chapter 140, section 123 of the Massachusetts General Law), and the regulations of the Attorney General (940 CMR 16.00). These regs/laws are so convoluted it's no wonder gun owners in MA are confused and angry. I just spent 1 1/2 hours trying to decipher and get a clear interpretation and I dont feel that I'm any closer. http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/184/ht02pdf/ht02342.pdf
I’m not an attorney, I just play one on TV, but if I read the laws correctly, the MA compliant PM9 has the external safety and loaded chamber indicator so the MA 10# DA trigger pull requirement is not necessary. Yikes, that’s the last time I go sticking my nose in MA laws. Anyway, thanks for following up and doing some leg-work. It's important we have correct info posted.

jocko
12-28-2009, 03:05 PM
heh, no harm, no foul and I am only passing on what people higher up at kahr are telling me. Would not be the first time someone inside at kahr has spoken also out of context.