PDA

View Full Version : Totals: How old are we?

medezyner
12-29-2009, 06:58 AM
I’m probably jumping the gun, :D but the curiosity was killing me. So far, here’s the estimate as of post #98:

50.8 years young!

MisterAnderson said:
“The age distribution supports what I generally see at the ranges, shows, and rallys. A skew towards the 'more experienced' crowd with little support from the under 40 crowd.
Sadly, fewer younger folks recognize how this country was founded, why we're free, and why if we let our rights be chiseled away, we'll find ourselves in a very unpleasant place.”

You 20-somethings, (Pender1 youngest @ 20) thanks for being in forums such as this.
(6)20’s (12)30’s (12)40’s (35)50’s (17)60’s (5)70’s
most “experienced”- 76
Dietrich, great thread!

Dietrich
12-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Great minds must think alike.I was just sitting here doing the math when I saw your post.You are correct.I have the luxury of receiving a few PMs about age and it comes out to about 51 years,give or take a few months.The whole thing is just an estimate as some folks didn`t really give their exact age and I had to approximate it.All in all,it still makes Zena about average. She`ll be thrilled.Thanks for doing the math.It`s nice to know someone else is curious about these things too.:)

jocko
12-29-2009, 07:26 AM
guess ur people over 50 (66 my age) just have more free time . Probably the youth today is struggling like hell to make a living for his family and guns although he may own one is not one of his priorities at this time, let alone paying $25 bucks for a box of 380 ammo to punch paper with. I was suprised the age was not even higher than 51..

medezyner
12-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Ya, between the kids college expenses, cost of living surge and whatever market blip sends fuel prices soaring, it's a wonder any of us can afford even the targets. No wonder my kid keeps "borrowing" my bulk boxes of .45! I'll take it out of him other ways.

Raoul
12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Ya, between the kids college expenses, cost of living surge and whatever market blip sends fuel prices soaring, it's a wonder any of us can afford even the targets. No wonder my kid keeps "borrowing" my bulk boxes of .45! I'll take it out of him other ways.

Lots of truth in this. For me personally after having 2 kids in college at one time, I'm just now reaching a point where I can get back into shooting in a reliably steady way.
Seems to me that if our esteemed government was serious about America staying number 1 in the world, education of our children wouldn't be so cost prohibitive. I guess all those damned congressional pensions are more important.
So who exactly is working for whom?

ltxi
12-29-2009, 05:43 PM
.....All in all,it still makes Zena about average. She`ll be thrilled.....

Oh yeah, I'm sure she will be. In my experience, women really appreciate being referred to as "average". :)

Raoul
12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure she will be. In my experience, women really appreciate being referred to as "average". :)
Zena is definitely not average.

ltxi
12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't look at me....them were Dietrich's words. I'm just trying to cause trouble. ;)

zena
12-30-2009, 04:39 AM
I'm glad you guys can appreciate my incredible good looks (message for men thread)--(I also have well paid mirrors), my occasional wit, and obvious intelligence. I am a card carrying member of "Not your mom at 50" club and continue to redefine average and what to expect from a 50-something women. And PLEASE keep trying to cause trouble. Spice is life!:madgrin:

Dietrich
12-30-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm glad you guys can appreciate my incredible good looks (message for men thread)--(I also have well paid mirrors), my occasional wit, and obvious intelligence. I am a card carrying member of "Not your mom at 50" club and continue to redefine average and what to expect from a 50-something women. And PLEASE keep trying to cause trouble. Spice is life!:madgrin:
Zena,I really don`t think of you as average.I guess the best word to describe you would be "special". :D

zena
12-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Zena,I really don`t think of you as average.I guess the best word to describe you would be "special". :D

"Special" is what we call the not-quite-right dogs we foster.

Dietrich
12-30-2009, 05:15 AM
"Special" is what we call the not-quite-right dogs we foster.
I rest my case. ;)