PDA

View Full Version : New MK9

jfsjr66
08-14-2011, 07:46 AM
I bought a new MK9 yesterday spent some time preping it,taking to the range today. I will post results.
I hope it shoot as well as my P380 which by the way is awesome.:D

JFootin
08-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Congratulations! The K9 and MK9 are the anchor guns in the Kahr line. I don't have one, YET, but I hear the MK9 is the sweetest shooting gun of them all.

wayneo1
08-14-2011, 09:11 AM
MK9 is a sweet shooting gun, took mine to the range thursday and still amazed at accuracy and lack of recoil. Good luck with your new MK9 let us know how it went.

JFootin
08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
This will make you drool! OldLincoln's beautiful MK9 in a Silent Thunder holster.

http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Holsters/?albumview=slideshow

jfsjr66
08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Well I went the the range today and I put 100 rounds of winchester white box the my new MK9. Let me just say WOW!!!! I did the prep I learned on here, clean, lube, rack it 500 times. Well it works my gun ran FLAWLESS soomth trigger,very accurate, feeds smooth, ejects perfect, and recoil is very light easy to double tap. Needless to say I am very happy.
Thanks to all the people on here who give advise to us Kahr Rookies.

MrToad
08-15-2011, 05:47 AM
This will make you drool! OldLincoln's beautiful MK9 in a Silent Thunder holster.

http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Holsters/?albumview=slideshow
Aw geez, JFootin...I was doing just fine with my recent PM9 acquisition and you had to put that MK9 monkey on my back again.:D

Dang that's a pretty piece. Great photos, too.

JFootin
08-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Aw geez, JFootin...I was doing just fine with my recent PM9 acquisition and you had to put that MK9 monkey on my back again.:D

Dang that's a pretty piece. Great photos, too.

Yeah. When my ship comes in, I want one, and an Elite if at all possible. The all steel frame and those beautiful wood grips are irresistible, aren't they?! :rolleyes:

yqtszhj
08-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah. When my ship comes in, I want one, and an Elite if at all possible. The all steel frame and those beautiful wood grips are irresistible, aren't they?! :rolleyes:

If Bawanna can figure out how to put some of his famous wood grips on the tuperware kahr's I would bet he could retire from his other job since we could all keep him busy..... hint, hint, hint....

I've been wondering if it was possible.

Oh great gripanator, your followers beseech thee

wayneo1
08-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Great news glad you had a good time.

apdturbo
08-15-2011, 07:29 AM
does the MK really cut down recoil that much as compared to the PM?

hdsteve69
08-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Congrats! Glad all went well at the range ,its always good to here about people who dont have problems first time out with their new Kahrs. Seems like all we ever hear about is the bad experiences even on other forums. My cw40 and k40 both shot flawlessly out of the box with just a simply cleaning on the cw the k40 on the other hand was straight out of the box 100 rounds with out a hitch. My next kahr will be a k9 possibly a mk9 ,I really like the all steel frame guns kinda old school if ya know what I mean.

kahrseye
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
does the MK really cut down recoil that much as compared to the PM?

I find no difference in felt recoil between the two guns.

Barth
08-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I find no difference in felt recoil between the two guns.

I never fired the K9.
Did fire a P9 and can't imagine anyone having recoil issues with it.
9mm to me is a sweet round for the light weight guns.

Opinions very from person to person on recoil.
I find the recoil difference becomes pronounced when you talk 40 cal.

Just my opinion of course.
As I always say, if possible, rent or borrow before you buy.

Test fired P9/P40/K40.
Bought MK40 Elite 03

jfsjr66
08-15-2011, 04:07 PM
I normally shoot 40 cal. So it feels nice and smooth with ligkt recoil. I have never shot the pm9 but it can't be much different. More this weekend, I'll keep you posted.

JFootin
08-15-2011, 07:14 PM
If Bawanna can figure out how to put some of his famous wood grips on the tuperware kahr's I would bet he could retire from his other job since we could all keep him busy..... hint, hint, hint....

You know what? I'll bet Bawanna could learn to work with leather (forget kydex) and make some beautiful holsters, too!

jfsjr66
08-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Ok another 50 rounds white box Winchester and 20 rounds Speer Gold Dot 124 grain down range FLAWLESS!!!!!. This thing shoots like a dream.

Bawanna
08-22-2011, 12:08 PM

This has been a dream of mine ever since Glocks hit the streets. Imagine what a nice set of Coco Bolo grips would do to the looks of a Glock.

Same with any tupperware gun. If I could figure out a way I'd have to hire people to count my money, course there would be a 97% discount for my pals here at Kahrtalk of course. Goes without saying.

Jfooting, I tried my hand at leather and apparently leather and wood are in no way related. I can fashion wood to some extent although I'm working a set for a Vaquero for Jimbar and I'm fighting it to say the least. A 3 year old with a chainsaw could do a better leather holster than me. I'm wearing my Hen and Rooster knife lately in my own created leather holster but it's some kind of ugly, the holster, not the knife. I'd love to get one of these "Good" leather guys around here to make me a prettier set up.

JFootin
08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
LOL. Well, stick to what you're good at. You know, the polymer Kahr grips are already so thin, I'll bet you could shave and flatten them a bit, drill a couple of screw holes (lined with threaded brass inserts, of course), and make some Bawanna Super Thins that still wouldn't make the grip as thick as most double stack guns. Might even come out thinner than the standard MK9 wood grips.

Bawanna
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
LOL. Well, stick to what you're good at. You know, the polymer Kahr grips are already so thin, I'll bet you could shave and flatten them a bit, drill a couple of screw holes (lined with threaded brass inserts, of course), and make some Bawanna Super Thins that still wouldn't make the grip as thick as most double stack guns. Might even come out thinner than the standard MK9 wood grips.

Not much material to hang even a thin grip too but it warrants further consideration.

Most store bought MK9 grips I've seen are way thicker than they need to be by a lot. If I can't get a handle (now theres a pun) on the frames so I can make grips for them, I might have to have folks order the store bought ones smooth and I'll slim em down and checker em. That would be alot funner. They are a bugger to fit properly to the frame. Alot like Jimbars Vaquero, hard.

Barth
08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Not much material to hang even a thin grip too but it warrants further consideration.

Most store bought MK9 grips I've seen are way thicker than they need to be by a lot. If I can't get a handle (now theres a pun) on the frames so I can make grips for them, I might have to have folks order the store bought ones smooth and I'll slim em down and checker em. That would be alot funner. They are a bugger to fit properly to the frame. Alot like Jimbars Vaquero, hard.

I've got both smooth and checkered, from Kahr, for my MK40.
Neither fit and both are thicker than the super flat factory grips.
The factory grips feel almost too narrow for me.
But they conceal so well in my light weight Woolrich tactical pants.
So I'm learning to love them.
Plus being too thin seems to be more mental than real.
I shoot just fine with them. Even rapid fire!

jocko
08-23-2011, 11:18 AM
i would rather have the thinnner grips on my K series, I had the kahr wood grips and just did not like them, so I went back to my kahr rubber grips which are awesome in feel and thickness. Hated to see them drop the all rubber grip. Trouble I found with the wood grips on my K9 was thatif you don't keep that right side grip tight as hell, you might get some light strikes as the grip is designed tokeep that trigger bar in correct position and the slightest looseness of thgat right side grip allowed that trigger bar to cause at least my K9 issues. short of locktiteing it, which I did not want to do for removal purposes, so I went back to my rubber grips, also one has to be very careful he does not bump that wood grip on the right side for that top portion back by the end of the slide is fragile as hell and can crack easily. For me not a combat grip that I would want to have on my gun. Looks great though.

Barth
08-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I noticed the screws are different lengths between wood and factory.
Also between upper and lower screws!
And I had mag issues if I put the wrong ones in!

Mine is combat only and I'm sticking with stock everything.

(my revolvers spoiled me with whatever grips you want)