PDA

View Full Version : Hoding point-of-Aim

earle8888
08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
I am now having a problem---I pocket carry a PM40 w/CTL. The point of impact is changing. It seems that after 2 weeks of pocket carry the point of impact is approx. 2 inches lower at 10 meters. Adjuct laser and it is fine, the 2 weeks later it is off again.
Anybody else experiencing this????
PS. I holster carry a P45 w/CTL and don't have this problem!

Ol'coot
08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I do not have a PM40 but I do have a PM9 with the Ct laser, I however do not pock carry it and my laser has been dead on ever since I zeroed it the first time. However my wife has a S&W 642 with the CT laser grip. We had the same issues as you describe here , zero it and it would be perfect with POA and next trip to the range it would be off. We contacted CT and returned it they replace it with a new one and no more issues at all. I also have a Ruger LCP with the CT laserguard and I do back pocket carry it in a wallet leather uncle George's holster for almost 8 weeks so far not issues keeps it zeroed.

recoilguy
08-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I have a CW9 with the CT lasergaurd on it and I had my battery go dead on it before I had to rezero mine.

RCG

earle8888
08-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Tks for info

garyb
08-19-2011, 02:31 PM
earle8888,
You are probably already aware of this but, you are able to detect any POA changes without needing to go to the range. Once you know the CTL matches your sights at a preset distance, if there is any POA change you will simply see it be sighting with the gun empty indoors. If the laser is not matching your sights and staying there, it has a problem and I'd send it back. Just my opinion. I've never had to adjust mine in a year of use.