steve666
09-01-2011, 11:48 AM
.22 short or .25acp???

Chuck54
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
It's a 25

HadEmAll
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I've had a 950 BS in .25 for close to 20 years. I carried it quite a bit until the pocket .380s, 9mms, and airweight 38s came along. I still carry it on a rare occasion. I have settled on Hornady 35 grain JHP for carry, but am not claiming it's the best. I just have a quantity of them, and they feed well. Some think FMJ would be the best, for penetration reasons. I tend to believe I'm going to be emptying the pistol very quickly without waiting to see if the target is going to stop, and will be trying to get at least some of the 8 rounds into the face/head.

Over the years I've shot American Eagle FMJ, Hornady 35 grain JHP, Speer 35 grain JHP, Winchester 45 grain JHP (with the BB in the nose cavity), and Winchester 50 grain FMJ with never a failure. I like the Win 45's but had trouble finding enough of them to practice with, and went with the Hornady's.

The only ammo I ever had trouble with was CCI Blazer (aluminum). With no extractor in the 950, the lighter cases don't fly away as robustly as the heavier brass cases, and I had a few stovepipes. I love Blazers in all other calibers.

TominCA
09-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I shoot fmj and go with any fairly well known brand - I don't think an HP makes much difference in that caliber. SandB sometimes is available at a good price. Mine will shoot anything {never tried blazer} Its agreat little pistol but the grip screws can loosen up - I use blue loctite on mine.

ltxi
09-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Neat little gun...enjoy it. I used to carry a JetFire back in the '70s/early '80s for deep concealment. My sister still has it as a bug purse weapon when she's visiting her office in Tampa....quality fmj. I bought it's companion, the Minx, in .22 short at the same time and still have it...on my very short list of never give up guns. Great, accurate plinker/short range squirrel pistol.