PDA

View Full Version : Mag-Na-Port and MK9

ORSalesRep
09-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Has anyone had their MK9 Mag-Na-Ported?

Barth
09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Has anyone had their MK9 Mag-Na-Ported?

I have considered ported guns from time to time but never did it – yet.
My understanding is that porting is used to compensate for muzzle rise.
This enables faster follow-up shots.
Even with very accurate guns, even a ported 1911 race gun,
I can see the barrel rise some during rapid fire.
I’ve found that I subconsciously drive the barrel down during rapid fire to deal with the rise.

Interestingly, during rapid double tap drills with my MK40,
my strings are going down instead of up!
It appears to me that the ultra-low bore axis of the Kahr
is causing me to shooting dead on during double taps!
I’m forcing myself to consciously not push the barrel down now.

This begs the question;
are you really having issues with muzzle rise necessitating porting your MK9?

(I've shot a P9 with zero recoil. It's hard to believe the all stainless steel
MK9 would kick at all? Seems like a waste of money to me...)

Bawanna
09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Figured we'd see more responses on this one. I magna ported my K40 and I'd do it again. They say that a less experienced shooter will notice the difference more than an experienced shooter. It did knock the edge off the muzzle flip. My son felt it was more effective than I did. Guess that's why they call it felt recoil. Kind of subjective.

I would do it again and I'm considering doing my PM45. To me it just looks really good and the flash angling off to the sides isn't bothersome at all. I've not shot in complete darkness but I have in pretty dim light and it didn't bother my vision at all.

jocko
09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
My PM9, K9, G19, J frame model 60 Smith is all magna ported. Shot their ported guns for 25+ years. In a kahr 40 cal u will notice alot of less felt recoil than say a 9mm but my PM9 is just a dream to shoot. I can tell you my G19 just sits there like a 22 with damkn near no muzzle flip at all. What a dream gun that is to shoot, and and and I CAN HIT WITH THAT SUCKER TO.

Bawanna
09-07-2011, 05:15 PM
You forgot to say shuut it like ya stole it.

jocko
09-07-2011, 05:36 PM
oops sorry bout that, please don't ban me! I still have sufficient inventory of u know what to make u live miserable!!!

Bawanna
09-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I meant it in a nice way. I really did. Truely......

wyntrout
09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
My camera shoots 720P High Def video at 30 frames per second. Once in a while it would completely miss the flash, but usually the flash would be contained in just one frame.

With any light, you really can't see the flashes... just a little of the residual smoke... from the SMOKELESS powder!

Shooting the ported .40 S&W was just like shooting 9mm. The PDX1 felt a little stouter and had very little flash.

Wynn:)

jocko
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
PORTING HELPS BIGTIME ON 40 CAL polymerkahrs..