PDA

View Full Version : New to the site!

Cyterio
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am the proud new parent of a Kahr Mk9 Elite 03. I also want to throw out a general "Thank You" to everyone who has contributed to this forum, I found a great deal of this information extremely valuable for my decision in purchasing a Kahr and for all the information about the pre-prepping. I followed most of the instructions with the exception of racking the slide 500 times, I think I got to about 200 before I headed out to the range to put 100 rounds of WWB through it. Accuracy is dead on, even better than I am with my 1911! Only problem I encountered was the slide failed to lock back twice on the last round. This happened on both the 6rd mag and the 7rd mag one right after the other. It only happened those 2 times though and I think I'll just attribute that to the break-in period for now and see how it works for the next few hundred rounds.

I look forward to cruising these forums to continue to learn about these great handguns and hopefully help some others out at the same time.

Thanks,

Josh

jocko
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
also could be a tired shooter. that can cause it, twice to me is not indicative of an issue, Molre rounds certainly cures alot of ills though. welcome aboard, good forum, nice people..

TheTman
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Cyterio. Sounds like you're getting along pretty well with your MK9, except for the couple of issues you mentioned. As Jocko suggested, probably just a tired shooter. If not, the Kahr customer service is some of the best in the business. I had to deal with them and couldn't be happier with the response and resolving of my issue.

Cyterio
09-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah, it's a possibility that I was tired. Like I said, I'm not too concerned about it yet, I'll run it through a few hundred rounds first and go from there.

Bill K
09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Likely break-in as you suggest and/or fatigue as jocko suggests. I'd not worry about it at this point in time.

wayneo1
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I make sure to carry some oil with me when I do a lot of shooting with my mk9. Seems like it starts to slow up when it gets warm so I just put a couple drops on the slide and all is right with the world. They like to be run wet.

Cyterio
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
2nd trip out to the range was perfect. Before I went out I cleaned and oiled (well oiled) the gun. Everything ran perfect! I think you were right wayneo1, I oiled it well and had no issues. I put 150 rounds through it this trip, so I'm officially through Kahrs recommened break-in. Thanks Guys!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

yqtszhj
09-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Welcome.

jlaudio29
09-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Welcome!

I had my slide prematurely lock back on me 1 time, and i think i determined the cause for me was my thumb was putting a slight amount of pressure on the slide lock from the way i was holding the grip, ive adjusted my grip slightly and have no had an issue since.

Let me know if you need a holster from your MK9 Elite :)