PDA

View Full Version : any luck fitting a pierce grip extension flush

ORSalesRep
09-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what they are doing to get a pierce grip extension to fit flush to the frame of your MK or how you are getting rid of or filling the gap between the grip extension and the frame? Thanks!!!

ORSalesRep
09-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what they are doing to get a pierce grip extension to fit flush to the frame of your PMs/CMs or how you are getting rid of or filling the gap between the grip extension and the frame? Thanks!!!

JFootin
09-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Do a search for flush fit magazine. There are several threads already.

Bawanna
09-17-2011, 07:43 PM
ORsalesrep, I merged your two threads. I'm sure folks will see and help if they can.

Steeltoes
09-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I have ordered the Pierce extensions...should be here first part of the week...I'll let you know the fit and how I like them

TucsonMTB
09-18-2011, 12:03 AM
ORsalesrep, I merged your two threads. I'm sure folks will see and help if they can.
Of course! Here are some pictures of Pearce extensions on my PM40 magazines. It may be different on your PM9, but they leave a reasonable 0.004" to 0.006" gap for me. That's the distance between the top of the extension and the bottom of the pistol. My magazines have been blackened, so the gap is hardly noticeable.

I didn't really want any extension, just a little better looking magazine bottom than the stock metal part, so I sanded off the finger grip part to get smooth bottom that adds very little grip length. As a plus, the inner plastic locking plate has a more positive grip on the base. So, it stays on more securely than the regular metal part. YMMV, but that's my experience.

The first picture shows a partially cut down extension. The remaining two show the bottom and side views after all of the extension part was sanded off. The surfaces were final finished with 600 grit wet-or-dry production paper.

The part of the pistol itself that you can see may look a little odd because it has a Qwik Grip rubber slip-on grip installed.

http://viewsfromtucson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/PearceExtensions.jpg
Partially sanded off extension on top of finished part.

http://viewsfromtucson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SandedBottom.jpg
View of the finished part from the bottom.

http://viewsfromtucson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Pearce_LeftSide.jpg
Left side of pistol.

apdturbo
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
thanks for posting! a new project for me.

Finnster
10-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what they are doing to get a pierce grip extension to fit flush to the frame of your MK or how you are getting rid of or filling the gap between the grip extension and the frame? Thanks!!!

I assume you are talking about the 6 rd. mag. and not the 7 rd. mag. The 7 rd. is ugly and frankly I have no idea why it is offered.

Any way I measured mine and the gap is 2.69 mm. I find it to be barely noticeable and even with my small finger I am glad it is there. If it wasn't thing would be a little tight.

If it is the cosmetics that bother you might try some black magic marker to ease the transition from the grip handle to the Pearce extension. But then you would not be showing off that nice SS magazine.

wayneo1
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
If you could only carry one magazine and you know you are going to be attacked along the way how ugly does the 7 round look over the 6 round. :) Just how my crazy mind works I didnt realize there was a beauty contest for these tools.

Thunder71
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
If I know I'm going to be attacked I'm either changing my plans or calling 911 in advance. :)

Then getting rich predicting the future.

Bawanna
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
If I know I'm going to be attacked I'm either changing my plans or calling 911 in advance. :)

Then getting rich predicting the future.

Exactly right and I'd like to invest in your predicting the future business when stock is offered.

I have no future prediction skills but my whole life I've attempted to focus on looking cool. I will certainly leave an area if I my spidey senses detect trouble but if I stumble into it which is usually the case I'll be cool looking trying to get out. Man don't have much if he don't have cool.
I also believe it is not difficult to mate cool looks with total function and reliability.
The beauty of cool is it is totally to the eye of the beholder.
Like stag and wood and schofield revolvers, the guys around here think they should have gone out with the dinosaurs. They have no sense of cool.

Thunder71
10-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Here you go Wayne:
http://www.promagindustries.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KAR+02

quikduk
10-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I can tell you that my MK presently wears the stock SS mag base plates. I have two Pierce plates and they "popped off" inadvertantly when I pushed on the mag while in the holster.:eek:

Can you say "SPROING"?! :behindsofa: The bullets and spring went flying. Good thing it happened when no one was around me.

That reminds me, I have to call and see if Pierce will send me a new pair. These never seemed to lock securely on the mag flanges.

OAN, can anyone tell me where to get the small curved (sort-of) mag base plates that I have seen on some of our members guns (PM9)?

Thanks.

quikduk
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Never mind...I found it. K9 base plate. Maybe I'll go this route. :rolleyes::D