PDA

View Full Version : Do women like guns ?

georgepittenger
09-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Apparently ...... :)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44690575/ns/today-today_people/

TheTman
09-29-2011, 07:28 AM
I had a friend that had his daughter shooting sporting clays at 13, by 16 she could hang with or beat most of the "old timers". She certainly kicked my butt, by a lot.

vn6869
09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
I had a friend that had his daughter shooting sporting clays at 13, by 16 she could hang with or beat most of the "old timers". She certainly kicked my butt, by a lot.

Same with my daughter, but it was trap. She could keep right up with the "old timers". Finally went off to college and started a trap club there.

Now she wants to be a Federal Agent. :eek:

beatlesfan
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Same with my daughter, but it was trap. She could keep right up with the "old timers". Finally went off to college and started a trap club there.

Now she wants to be a Federal Agent. :eek:

A daughter to be proud of for sure!

Sent from Tapatalk

jdlott74
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, DUH!! Of course we like guns...I grew up in the country on 5 acres of land. I didn't shoot guns when I was little, but I always knew where my dad's pistol was and where he kept the key to the gun cabinet when it was needed. I wasn't afraid of them but had a RESPECT for them. As will our daughter. As most everybody knows, jlottmc and I have a 3 year old and she knows even at her young age what they are, but knows not to mess with them. jlottmc shows her how to shoot her toy gun the we got as a training tool. Once we get into our new rental house in a few months, we'll be getting a safe, but it's not to keep her out because we're not worried about her. We're worried about the other kids she may or may not have over in the future. Course, when our 3 year old KNOWS where and what Cheaper than Dirt and Bullet Trap is, she will be raised to respect guns as well.

I am not as a big of a gun enthusiast as jlottmc but I do like to shoot my own gun and his that he has, and have my own particular ones I would like to get....the SR9C and SR40C. I have shot the SR9c and fell in love with it, but haven't shot the SR40c, but hear it's just as sweet a gun to as the SR9c.

What I don't get is the guns with PINK grips...What's with that. I just don't like them as much as the tried and true BLACK!!! Course that might be that I'm not a girly girl either. I'm a NC Country Girl..

CJB
09-30-2011, 05:02 AM
I dont get the pink Harley's gals are riding, or the pink rappelling gear, or the pink anything, including pistols, except to say that - to me at least - it appears that some gals want to make a specific point about them being a gal and doing traditionally "guy" things. I think its silly. Its a show-off thing. I don't need to see pink in order to know that she's a gal :rolleyes:!!!

Bill K
09-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks, a very good read. Its value IMHO goes way beyond the "chick" connection.

From the article...

“[Gun ownership] is a really serious and complex issue, and it deserves serious consideration,” McCrum said.

I agree and wish every [male and female] good citizen of age and able body and mind would give gun ownership "serious consideration".

jdlott74
09-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Little black dresses are very "girly". My wife doesn't "get" the pink thing either. :D

Dresses??? What are those???? This country girl wears pants as much as she can. The last dress I wore I think was to the Marine Corp Ball in 2002. The only two times I wore them before that was 2001 Marine Corp Ball and our 2nd wedding date in October 2001.....

Bawanna
09-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Hmmm, when was the last time I wore a dress? I know it was that little chiffon number just can't get a handle on the date. Dietrich, you remember? You were there with the 5 gallon bucket of lubriplate grease. I never did hear what your intentions were.

jlottmc
10-01-2011, 02:43 PM
What I don't get is the guns with PINK grips...What's with that. I just don't like them as much as the tried and true BLACK!!! Course that might be that I'm not a girly girl either. I'm a NC Country Girl..

And she told me she wanted some pink grips for something TBD. Talk about mixed signals.

jocko
10-01-2011, 03:01 PM
bawanna does pink grips really well!!!!

jlottmc
10-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I know, I was even gonna try to persuade him to do some when we figured out what she wanted. Womens, can't live with them, can't shoot them.

jdlott74
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I know, I was even gonna try to persuade him to do some when we figured out what she wanted.

And we still may, but it will be way down the road and the right piece for it. I don't want it on everything, just maybe something special.

Bawanna
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
And we still may, but it will be way down the road and the right piece for it. I don't want it on everything, just maybe something special.

No persuading necessary. Bawanna is standing by, anything for you princess.
I know Jlott, Death from Afar. I relish it. I'm ready and you know I love you too. Speaking of which did those Corp pin mesquite grips fit your new 1911 you got awhile back, don't recollect I ever heard. Do we have to start over again?

Only natural wood I've found that is pink is Koa. Might be able to find some Pink stabilized stuff like Melissa found. It was real real purty, if your into pink and it wasn't solid pink, I'd of carried em without embarrassment, well maybe a little.

Speaking of Pink, wheres Deitrich. I better run a check on him.

jlottmc
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah they fit wonderfully, I even drug the camera out, posted pictures even. In fact go back to your grip emporium thread, they're in there. Thanks again. Post 244, the ole lady posted em up.

mikedmd
10-15-2011, 07:37 AM
I have a serious problem... if I buy a gun, and my wife finds out, she wants one too. This isn't helping my bank account! :p I'm thankful to be married to a young lady so appreciative of firearms.

Mike

jdlott74
10-15-2011, 10:33 AM
I have a serious problem... if I buy a gun, and my wife finds out, she wants one too. This isn't helping my bank account! :p I'm thankful to be married to a young lady so appreciative of firearms.

Mike

Now jlottmc and I don't have that problem MUCH...He does have a couple that I would like to carry or want to buy for myself, but not right now. We are definitely going to be getting his and hers I'm sure of the Ruger SR40c. The only one we actually had of almost the same was the Taurus 24/7. I had the compact and he has the full size. We have since gotten rid of that one.

Bawanna
10-15-2011, 10:50 AM

Mike

Thats not a problem at all Mike. Thats an honest to goodness gift.

Your a lucky man and right to be thankful for such a young lady.

If she owns a boat and cleans fish and her own guns, she's close to the perfect woman.

Bawanna
10-15-2011, 10:52 AM

At the risk of bragging, I do hate bravadacio, when I get done it will be special, whatever it is.

JFootin
10-15-2011, 11:04 AM
The only one we actually had of almost the same was the Taurus 24/7. I had the compact and he has the full size. We have since gotten rid of that one.

What opinion do y'all have about the Taurus guns? I am interested in the 845 because it has good ergos, ambi controls for a lefty, attractive price, and you can get a .22lr conversion kit for it. I owned a Millennium Pro 9mm and found it to be a quality gun. But I have also read some disparaging remarks about Taurus, so I value your opinions. Also, any opinions about Taurus CS?

jlottmc
10-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Well the CS is ok if you can deal with having nothing in stock stateside, and having to order everything from Brazil. The guns have been right on for me, and a cop friend of mine, no problems, the wife, she had a couple of problems early on with my 24/7 (I think it was in the weak wrist). For me they are accurate, and run well, I would shy away from the millennium series just because those were known to have some frame issues. The 845 is supposed to be good to go, in fact I wouldn't mind owning one should I ever hit the lotto and have money to spend on guns that I want to own because I could. Currently in my house I have three Taurus pistols, and the only brand I own more of is Ruger, but that would have to count a MKII, and a 10/22. The 24/7 compact that the mrs. had did have an issue with the short magazines, and the geometry of the feed lips, my full size mags worked no problem, but the short ones would only work half loaded. If I needed another gun, I would buy a Taurus, if it fit the need that I had in mind for the gun. Currently, my 740 slim which has also been flawless from day one, (CS issues with the lack of magazines) is one of my two pocket pistols, and shoots well. With Taurus, you know that fit and finish are not as good as you'd like to see, but all of mine have just fine. There are many on this forum even, that have no good words for Taurus, and to them I say what ever. If it works for you, and goes bang when you pull the trigger while putting those little lead pills where you mean for them to go, then what's not to like? That's my 2.

aray
10-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I think there must be a closet gun lover in MSNBC, odd considering their normal editorial line-up. I say this not only because of this article, but because of other fair & balanced gun articles have been posted there as well. Indeed the only reason that I have a Kahr is that I found out, from an MSNBC article, that you could get non-resident Florida CCW permits. Living in may=no-permit Maryland, that was huge for me.

mikedmd
10-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Now jlottmc and I don't have that problem MUCH...He does have a couple that I would like to carry or want to buy for myself, but not right now. We are definitely going to be getting his and hers I'm sure of the Ruger SR40c. The only one we actually had of almost the same was the Taurus 24/7. I had the compact and he has the full size. We have since gotten rid of that one.

It's more of a "well, if you got one, then can I pick one out too?" and she is gracious and mindful about our budget for firearms and other activities. Though we did end up with his/hers PM9's last year. I continue to carry my PM9 daily while she doesn't carry much since she spends a lot of time at school which is a no carry zone. We've been married for 3 years now (and looking forward to many more) and she was my "sugar mama" while I was in dental school. Now it's her turn to finish her degree and I'm privileged to be able to provide that means for her.

Thats not a problem at all Mike. Thats an honest to goodness gift.

Your a lucky man and right to be thankful for such a young lady.

If she owns a boat and cleans fish and her own guns, she's close to the perfect woman.

Absolutely. She is as perfect as they come though she doesn't own a boat and leaves the meat preparation to me... and I clean the guns... and I do my own laundry... wait a second... :p

Mike

Bawanna
10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
"Absolutely. She is as perfect as they come though she doesn't own a boat and leaves the meat preparation to me... and I clean the guns... and I do my own laundry... wait a second... :p"

Well my friend, you just let that cat out of the sack! Your whoosed just like the rest of us. I've got alot more years attached to the same type of woman, she don't clean fish either, never cleaned a gun but she's ok in most other departments.
By golly I wear the pants in the family though and when I say jump by gosh she better be......

oh gotta go, the buzzer on the dryer just went off.................

Rubb
10-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Do women like guns?
AND…do men like hand bags?
The answer to both….yeah some of ‘em :D

yqtszhj
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM

Mike

All of these post have been funny. If I see a gun I like and get it, my wifey gets else something also. If she sees a gun she likes and says "you should get that one, you'll like it" I buy it thinking I'm breaking even because she wants to shoot it but then she ends up getting something. Usally stuff I don't or can't use. Generally it's sewing machine stuff which I don't use or kitchen items which at least I do get the benefits from since she is an excellent cook.

I've got a new spin I'm going to try at Christmas. The daughter wants a rifle which I intend to get for her (I'll get to shoot it of course) and I'm going to see if it turns out that she buy's something or if I get away with it.

Wish me luck :D