PDA

View Full Version : The people of KahrTalk

Dietrich
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I have visited numerous forums over the last couple of years and while all of them were helpful,I have yet to find one as unique as this one.Not one of them,including GlockTalk, has members who are so product savvy that they can tell of the actual manufacturing process of their favorite firearm.
I`ve never felt as at home on any forum as I do here and it`s because of you,the people.You will not find a warmer,more friendly or more eager to help group anywhere.I have been going through a rough time with sickness in my family since I joined KahrTalk back in September and this forum has helped me by giving me the opportunity to get away from the sadness of watching loved ones go downhill and zoom in on some fun things for a while.I thank you all.
In the short time since its` inception,this forum has grown nicely and in the future,will be a model to which others can aspire.JohnH and company have done a remarkable job [I can`t believe they have let me get away with some of my B.S.] and deserve to be commended.We have something special indeed here,and I am grateful to the forum for keeping me informed and to all of you for being the good people that you are. Best,Dietrich:typing:

jocko
01-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Heh Dietrich, we are here for you in other ways than just gun talk to. Yes it is IMO the best forum out there, SO FAR so we need to police our own actions (myself included) so as to keep it that way .

the best to you Dietrich...

medezyner
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Absolutely D, the quality of information and the quality of its members on this forum has few equals. I’ve lurked at many and this one indeed stands out. jocko hits it on the head regarding “policing”. If we set the bar high, members will meet those high expectations and this forum will remain unique.
My prayers to your family.

mr surveyor
01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Dietrich

Without even knowinig the details involving the current situation that you and your family are dealing with, I'm sure I know exactly where you are right now. My guess is that your present situation is nearly identical, at least on the emotional level that my family dealt with about 6 years ago... and will again deal with it in the coming years (or months?). I too found it helpful to be able to unload and/or vent to my friends on various internet forums, and also share their personal pains as well. Several years ago on one "professional related" forum I created such tight friendships with 10 or 12 participants that we started having annual "gatherings" at my place.... some of them traveling 350 miles or so. Obviously here on KahrTalk, like any other random gathering of issue/product oriented individuals, we can and will have our personal differences (knowledge, politics, religion), but for the most part we can learn to play nice together and even share in each other's successes, failures and times of grief. I would tend to agree with your assessment that this is a really nice bunch or folks here, and would advise you to not hold back when you feel the need to unload. If you wanted to PM any one of us here, I'd bet you would have a willing ear to listen.

Prayers sent up.

J.D. aka "surv"

rtrider
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Very kind words, and as a very new member I look forward to the advice, council and friendship of the membership. My prayers for your family..

mx5fan
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Dietrick,

You are so on target (pun intended). In the short time I've been a participant on this forum, I've found the folks here friendly, engaging, funny and a delight to be around. It's an informed group and I've not seen any of the BS that is pervasive on other gun forums.

I suspect a fair number of us, here on Kahr talk, can relate to and understand the sadness and emotional upheaval you are going through now and I'm sure I speak for many, if not all when I say, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Thanks again for sharing with us here on our little place on the net.

zena
01-06-2010, 06:38 PM
+1 on mx5's response. We're here for you and totally appreciate your whacked sense of humor. Keep it coming and keep in touch.:)

In-Yo-Grill
01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm quickly becoming a bigger fan of their (Kahr's) guns and this site. I purchased my first one and after a ton of research and mixed reviews I figured...what the heck.

I was a tough decision considering that the local gun shop I deal with won't carry Kahr pistols. The owner told me that he had so many problems with them that he stopped carrying any of their guns.

Still, afner picking one up I decided to bite the bullet and bought my first P9(used). Now I'm the proud owner of an MK9 and tomorrow I pick up my P45. I just hope I never have major problems but I trust that if I do that Kahr will back their product and take care of their business. As I said...Lord willing I'll never need it.

PaiN
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I am a long time forum user for all things I'm into, I started getting on to "boards" back in the mid 90's and I have to say, there is, without a doubt something special about this one. The people here are awesome.

Sorry to hear of the illness in your family, Dietrich :(

Smoke Eater
01-07-2010, 09:39 AM
The responses to Dietrich original post speaks volumes to the quality and caliber(mx doesnt get all the puns) of the members here at Kahr talk.
I too, am impressed with the knowledge and willingness to share it with others that that this group provides.
I thank you all !:yo:

And Dietrich, if you humor is how you cope, then I like your methods!!
Hang in there and Our thought are with you!

Cheers,
Dave

Bawanna
01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Dietrich, just know that we're all there for ya in whatever capacity you need us to be, wheather its just a receptacle to vent or a collection of funds for gas money to visit sick relatives. Even though I'm on the opposite coast I have people in NC and they are there for ya too. I know most people have a very difficult time asking for any help in time of need, unless of course your accustomed to the welfare system which I know you are not and most likely no one on this forum is but ask. I truely enjoy your entries in this forum and look forward to them. Humor I believe is the ticket to longevity in life although nobody wins. Just a matter of how long you get to play the game. In reading in this forum I sometimes feel like everybody knows everybody else and they are good friends even though most likely none of us have ever met. I still feel a little bit like an adopted stepchild but probably cause I'm just shy and insecure. We share common interest and share the things we've learned on our journey thru the game of life. To me that's a pretty cool and wonderful thing.
I like it here and even if heaven forbid I'm ever Kahrless I think I'd still hang around until I get the boot. I'm trying to behave with mixed results:confused:.

Raoul
01-07-2010, 03:06 PM
It seems that personal tragedy is certainly a hallmark of the human experience.
Your words were very kind Dietrich. I would have to agree that this is one of the most civilised boards I've seen. I'm pretty sure that any one of us would be glad to offer you any help we could. Most of us know you would be one of the first to assist us if needed.
I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and if you require anything, don't hesitate to ask.

jlottmc
04-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I know this is an old Forum, but it should be brought back to the front. Dietrich you and all of the crew will have our support. Keep up the good times boychic.

Bawanna
04-14-2010, 04:54 PM
You must have went into the basement way in the back to the archive secton to find this one. But your are exactly right. This was a classic and well worth bring out for some of the new folks who missed it the first time to get a chance to see what this place is really all about.
Thanks for bringin it out, knocking the dust off and sharing it.

jlottmc
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
That's exactly what I've been doing, and why I said and did too. See every once in awhile I do something right.

Bawanna
04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
That's exactly what I've been doing, and why I said and did too. See every once in awhile I do something right.

Thats usually my line. I did something right once, I think it was 1967 or maybe 68.
We'll put a check in the did something right column for ya with a little extra gold star for effort.
I gotta go do a little work now, the dang chiefs been spying on me all afternoon. I'm the armorer right, I'm learning about guns here, and mall ninja's and movie stars genetically bred and important stuff for sure.

Dietrich
04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Wow,I was surprised to see this one come back to the surface too.My original message still holds true.The people on this forum are really great folks and the silliness I indulge in from time to time helps to drag me away from reality for a while.The loved one that I spoke of is my beloved sister.She is slowly but surely dying from a malignant,inoperable brain tumor.It`s futile to wonder why this happened to her and it`s not a pretty thing to watch.Sometime`s I get very depressed and sad.That`s where my Kahrtalk friends come in handy.Some of them have drifted away and new ones have drifted in.Thanks to all of you once more.You`re good people.

jlottmc
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Dietrich, I know your pain cannot be eased with words from a stranger, but I give them anyway. My wife lost a very close cousin in much the same way. Her tumor was operated on, and was benign for about five months. Then she went fast after that. The same time my father in law crossed the river, then all went to hell with the mother in law and the wife had a major type surgery. Later, after my wife and I had split up, and she had moved back to Caswell/Person Counties, we found out my daughter was to come into this world (that was a shocker and were I found my breaking point). I dropped everything to join her, and then a favorite uncle of hers who was also the young ladies father passed, he will be missed as will my father in law. The aforementioned young lady had just had her first child about no more than 6 months when she was diagnosed. The point to all of that is that no matter what happens, there is a reason, and something will brighten this dark time for you. My daughter is my world now and she almost killed me when I learned she was coming into this world. I do feel your pain and just know that I and all of us are here for you, silliness or not.

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Wow,I was surprised to see this one come back to the surface too.My original message still holds true.The people on this forum are really great folks and the silliness I indulge in from time to time helps to drag me away from reality for a while.The loved one that I spoke of is my beloved sister.She is slowly but surely dying from a malignant,inoperable brain tumor.It`s futile to wonder why this happened to her and it`s not a pretty thing to watch.Sometime`s I get very depressed and sad.That`s where my Kahrtalk friends come in handy.Some of them have drifted away and new ones have drifted in.Thanks to all of you once more.You`re good people.

Dierich, thank you for your posts...I enjoy them. I too agree this is a special place...that's why I keep coming back. I am sorry to hear about your sister and the feelings that go with such a tragedy. If you need anything or just to talk I'm sure there are many (including myself) that would be willing to help in some way. God Bless and know you and your sister are in my prayers and thought.

jkalantzis
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I know I am pretty new to the Gun World and this forum has taught me lots. The people here have been very hospitable and helpful. Dietrich, thank you for the contest you had, it was the first time that I ever have won anything. More than anything it feels like a big family brought together by a common denominator. I'm glad I found you guys and thanks for everything. I'm also a member of GT and have never had the feeling or help I have with this Forum. Again thanks Seniors.:)

getsome
05-28-2020, 07:33 PM
Ok I was dumpster diving in the Kahrtalk basement because working from home gets a little boring and not much was going on around here so I dug up this gem from the archives....This thread pretty much sums up why Kahrtalk is such a special place and while it is 10 years old it seems just as fresh as yesterday....Wow 10 years is a long time and it sure went by fast but it was great to remember some old cyber friends I haven't thought about for a long time like Dietrich, read the (Dear Dietrich) thread sometime for some really good laughs....Dietrich RIP was a very special person, much missed here and then there is Jocko, Zena, Jlottmc, mr surveyor and itxi who has also crossed over.....I hope ya'll will read through it and see why Kahrtalk is not just your average gun forum but is a family....

I_Like_Turtles
05-28-2020, 08:08 PM
So far, as I am "new" here, Kahr Talk seems like a pretty solid forum. I got spoiled, the first forum I joined was Parallax Bills Milsurp Rifle Forum which was the cream of "nice places to be" but it's fallen by the wayside as to traffic, starting about 2008.

Some other forums I will not mention I will never return to. One would think a gun forum would be a pretty libertarian place and welcoming to all but some gun forums are just hostile places, people attack each other with all manner of insults and there is even bullying by moderators. At least one gun forum was so homophobic I don't want to be associated with it. Few gay jokes are one thing but to attack members and brag about one's biased treatment of people due to their sexual orientation...disgusting.

But anyway, KahrTalk seems like a good place....so far. ;)

Bawanna
05-28-2020, 11:16 PM
Ok I was dumpster diving in the Kahrtalk basement because working from home gets a little boring and not much was going on around here so I dug up this gem from the archives....This thread pretty much sums up why Kahrtalk is such a special place and while it is 10 years old it seems just as fresh as yesterday....Wow 10 years is a long time and it sure went by fast but it was great to remember some old cyber friends I haven't thought about for a long time like Dietrich, read the (Dear Dietrich) thread sometime for some really good laughs....Dietrich RIP was a very special person, much missed here and then there is Jocko, Zena, Jlottmc, mr surveyor and itxi who has also crossed over.....I hope ya'll will read through it and see why Kahrtalk is not just your average gun forum but is a family....

Can you confirm that itxi has crossed over. I suspect it is the case but I've not found any way to confirm that.
Dietrich was indeed a gem, loved that guy. Zena was one of my first cyber brides, along with MX5Fan? Have to look that one up. Actually contacted them a few years back. Old times.......

jeepster09
05-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Wow flash from the past....I miss Dietrich.

getsome
05-29-2020, 02:04 PM
I can't confirm that itxi passed and shouldn't have said that he had without being positive but the last we heard it didn't sound good and he hasn't posted anything since so it's an assumption on my part....I hope I'm wrong, I miss the guy...

Bawanna
05-29-2020, 07:13 PM
Assumption on my part as well, figure it's so but I'd sure like to confirm. I miss the guy too.

Armybrat
05-30-2020, 10:13 AM
If he did, then he doesn’t have to put up with those relatives of his any more.
I miss him too.

O'Dell
05-30-2020, 10:55 AM
Even if said in jest, there no "so far" to it. KahrTalk is a good place and has proved itself over the years. It's the only forum I check every day and I will continue to do so.

Bawanna
05-30-2020, 06:48 PM
^^^^^^Truth^^^^^^