PDA

View Full Version : Californians shafted again

Dietrich
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I received the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog in the mail yesterday.Written across the top of the first 5 pages were the words "As of January,2011 we will no longer sell or ship ammunition to residents of California." I truly feel sorry for the good,honest,law abiding people who live there and are seeing their basic rights as Americans go down the tubes.I`ve heard people say that they deserve it and if they don`t like it they should move but unfortunately,as we all know,it`s not that simple.The libs in power there have never had their life threatened and refuse to see the truth about the average citizen.During the riots there following the Rodney King fiasco,the only businesses that escaped the torch were the ones that were guarded by their armed owners.Even the ones with a "Black Owned" sign were looted and burned if no one was guarding them and still,the politicians there refuse to see the truth.I wish the gun owners in that state all the best but I fear for them.

Zippo Guy
01-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words about our plight. I stopped by our WalMart today looking for ammo. The only handgun ammo they had was one box of WWB
.38 Special for $39.50 for 50.

Down the road is the home of RCBS Reloading Supplies. Their gun store had handgun ammo "greatly reduced" so I stopped by. They had a ton of ammo with red tags on them with their sale price. The only problem was the ammo sale price was as high or higher than the highest prices I have found elsewhere. The red tag only works when prices are truely reduced.

Here in California we can not buy Kahr's CW 45, the PM 45 or the .380. Kahr keeps saying they will get these approved, but so far not yet. Come on Kahr, do your part here and help us out.

ltxi
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I've spent maybe a third and almost certainly most of the very best years of my life living in California...both north and south. My EE, Math, and MBA degrees were earned at their once wonderful schools. My son is a native and still lives in Santa Barbara. It was/used to be an incredibly great place to live. I'm sure most there think it still is. I'm not even sure how the hell it happened, but their governmental choke hold on personal rights and freedom now exceed even those those of Mass, NY, and NJ....maybe even combined. Add in the most incredible fiscal irresponsibility this side of the federal government and they have actually, clearly succeeded in taking paradise and turning it into a parking lot.

mr surveyor
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I would like to think these idiotic gun control policies will stay in California, New York, Illinois and the like, but I really believe that as the major population centers of each state create such a huge imbalance with the rural areas, the "big city mentality" will prevail politically. In Texas we have been blessed with somewhat conservative leadership (both R and D) when it comes to most issues, particularly gun related issues and right to carry. But as Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio expand, so does liberalism in general, and with representatives apportioned strictly by population, governance is in turn unfairly represented by the big cities. I hope there's a way to stop this progression in every state, before it's too late! The more people there are crammed into a small area, the less independent attitudes are held by individual citizens, and the more willingly a majority of those urban dwellers are to forfeit, or greatly curtail their rights for the presumed good of the community.

My condolences to all y'all in Kailfornia.... I hope the "virus" stops at your Eastern most border!

surv

ltxi
01-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Come on Kahr, do your part here and help us out.

...and sorry to have to point this out and sure I'll catch a lot of flak for this.....but it's not Kahr's job to help you guys out....it's yours, the voters. Collectively speaking, this is your own damn fault.

jocko
01-08-2010, 02:08 AM
...and sorry to have to point this out and sure I'll catch a lot of flak for this.....but it's not Kahr's job to help you guys out....it's yours, the voters. Collectively speaking, this is your own damn fault.

from me, an honest statement.

Hae two brothers who live in komifornia and they are not happy there anymore, but to old to leave, but they tell their kids, "get the hell out of california"

jocko
01-08-2010, 02:09 AM

from me, an honest statement.

Hae two brothers who live in komifornia and they are not happy there anymore, but to old to leave, but they tell their kids, "get the hell out of california"

Read in the journal this week where SILOCONE valley has more unused office space now than any other place in the United States. hummm the boom is over in komifornia

medezyner
01-08-2010, 06:25 AM

No flack from me ltxi...BUT the manufacturers do need to get even more involved with these issues. I’m not saying they don’t, because they do, it’s a matter of how much energy they are willing to dedicate for fighting these matters. Take away the LE market the military contracts and half of these guys wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for their CCW market. It’s truly a partnership and I’m not convinced that all manufacturers are doing what they can until it affects their bottom line. Profits are high; gun ownership is up and with a little vision from some of these narrow-focused, let’s keep the board happy, companies, our fight for these freedoms could be even more effective.

steve666
01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Indianapolis has a new public safety director, Frank Straub, from New York, who recently commented during an interview, "My own personal perspective is we have way too many guns on the street and way too many people that own guns."

He is now claiming that he was only speaking of "illegal guns", but he supported the assault weapon ban and is a member of the Association of Chiefs of Police, a group that, according to the National Rifle Association, works closely with the federal gun control lobby.:(

Dietrich
01-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Indianapolis has a new public safety director, Frank Straub, from New York, who recently commented during an interview, "My own personal perspective is we have way too many guns on the street and way too many people that own guns."

He is now claiming that he was only speaking of "illegal guns", but he supported the assault weapon ban and is a member of the Association of Chiefs of Police, a group that, according to the National Rifle Association, works closely with the federal gun control lobby.:(
It`s almost laughable when an anti-gun bureaucrat tips their hand.They practically leave skid marks trying to back up.Then they sneak around and do their dirtywork as secretively as possible.Keep your eye on this bird.Sounds like he`s a poster boy for the antis. Good luck.

ltxi
01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Zippo Guy -- Sorry to have used your post to trigger my outburst. I'm sure that didn't make you feel very good or welcome here. That wasn't my intent at all and for that I apologise.

jocko
01-08-2010, 09:20 AM

get anywhere with that statement. Indiana is very pro gun. No doubt we do have alot of illegal guns on the streets, thats why I carry.:der:

johnh
01-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Californians and anyone else in "ban" states always have my sympathy. It is a shame that for many the only option is to move out of a state that may have been home for generations of their family. Missouri had a politician propose a draconian ban years back and the thought of leaving was unbearable. My family arrived soon after the Civil War. It is home in every sense of the word.

Each state that we lose is a loss for us all in the end. I hope we can one day turn back those laws and restore rights to our fellow citizens behind the lines.

John

paul0660
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I can't believe anyone buys from CTD anyway.

ltxi
01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I can't believe anyone buys from CTD anyway.

It's not only going to be CTD. As I understand the new CA law regarding ammunition it will effectively end all mail order shipments to individuals into the state.

Dietrich
01-08-2010, 03:28 PM
It's not only going to be CTD. As I understand the new CA law regarding ammunition it will effectively end all mail order shipments to individuals into the state.
You are correct as usual,sir.Our brothers and sisters in that state are in a bad way.:frown:

Ninjataint
01-09-2010, 06:44 AM
I feel for them but you have to start by changing your representation. I frequently travel back and forth to Massachusetts, boy am I glad once I get back to America. :behindsofa:

.45mac.40
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I moved to Texas ... two years ago ....
Got stuck // lived ( ? ) in California for 30 years .....
California is not America .... it's Northern Mexico !!!! .... use your phone and see how they respond /// ie: FOR ENGLISH ... push 2........??? WTF ????
Texas AND some other states have afew of tha' same issues, but, at least... I feel like an American here.
Also, Texas reconizes it's Veterans !!

Ditto....ditto .....

Is it too late for them to join NRA ????

Mac

zena
01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words about our plight. I stopped by our WalMart today looking for ammo. The only handgun ammo they had was one box of WWB
.38 Special for $39.50 for 50.

Down the road is the home of RCBS Reloading Supplies. Their gun store had handgun ammo "greatly reduced" so I stopped by. They had a ton of ammo with red tags on them with their sale price. The only problem was the ammo sale price was as high or higher than the highest prices I have found elsewhere. The red tag only works when prices are truely reduced.

Here in California we can not buy Kahr's CW 45, the PM 45 or the .380. Kahr keeps saying they will get these approved, but so far not yet. Come on Kahr, do your part here and help us out.

Zippo Guy- I hear your pain. We have a tough time getting ammo shipped to Mass and up until very recently could not buy a Kahr....even though they are made right here. :hurt:

luka
01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Take the Time to e-mail Arnold and Tell him to get his Money from Mexico or his Lib friends.

luka
01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Libs are like Roaches if you do not get rid of them all, whats the point

steve666
01-11-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm afraid he's one of Bloomburgs NY City ilk.

Zippo Guy
01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Zena. Is that still the case in your state?

The thing that got me started here in KahrTalk was the honest answers to real questions. No bull, just a serious interest in guns and Kahrs in particular. I think there are a few who think they are funny or cute with their flip answers and responses. They feed every stereotype of gun owners out there. Is it really necessary to make us sound like illiterate fools that can't spell the word "you" or "California" correctly? The anti-gun public is out there looking for new ammo against us. Do we need to feed it to them? Let's continue the intelligent talk that most of us are capable of. Let's keep KahrTalk the best forum out there.

zena
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks Zena. Is that still the case in your state?

The thing that got me started here in KahrTalk was the honest answers to real questions. No bull, just a serious interest in guns and Kahrs in particular. I think there are a few who think they are funny or cute with their flip answers and responses. They feed every stereotype of gun owners out there. Is it really necessary to make us sound like illiterate fools that can't spell the word "you" or "California" correctly? The anti-gun public is out there looking for new ammo against us. Do we need to feed it to them? Let's continue the intelligent talk that most of us are capable of. Let's keep KahrTalk the best forum out there.

Kahr recently put out a model that is Mass compliant. Haven't seen it in the gun stores yet but assume it will show up soon.

I think some people in the forum find it a safe place to vent their frustrations with the nonsense of the antigunners, politicians and ridiculous gun laws that we are subjected to and use misspellings and poor grammar as a way to show emotion in an otherwise flat, black and white medium...i.e. these words on a page. If the anti-gun public is skulking around in here for ammo to use against us they must be desparate. Maybe Dietrich will invite them over for some of that molasses bread. Sounds like it could sweeten them right up.