PDA

View Full Version : MK9 Grips

jfsjr66
10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know who can make Grips for the Mk9, Wood or maybe G10.
Also a more Slim grip.

Thanks Jim

Bawanna
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I've made Kahr grips for my K40, K9 and MK9 but they are very early models and ones I've made for others and sent out didn't fit the newer versions, some didn't
fit the older versions in the same serial sequence so I got nothing to build on.

If you buy a set from the Kahr shop smooth and confirm they fit your gun I can slim them down for you and checker them if you desire.

I've pretty much given up on making them from scratch until I own or find somebody with a new version I can borrow. The insides are a bit of a chore to fit and definitely depressing when you get all done and they don't fit.

Being a serialized part I can't purchase just a frame.

jlaudio29
10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
ill be back in florida around the first or second week in november i will at some point be attempting to make you a dummy grip from either a block of aluminum or maybe some kinda hard plastic.

Bawanna
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
ill be back in florida around the first or second week in november i will at some point be attempting to make you a dummy grip from either a block of aluminum or maybe some kinda hard plastic.

A dummy grip? or a dummy frame? or I'm a dummy?

Lots of guys here are gonna love you to pieces if you pull this off.

jlaudio29
10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
dummy frame but its only the grip area so dummy frame grip? area? i dunno whatever you want to call it. Im not saying i can pull it off but ive used a few mills in my day so we will see what i can do.

Bawanna
10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
dummy frame but its only the grip area so dummy frame grip? area? i dunno whatever you want to call it. Im not saying i can pull it off but ive used a few mills in my day so we will see what i can do.

I have total faith in you. I often wish I'd taken metal shop in school, course we didn't have any of the cool mills and lathes like they got now.
I'm pretty deadly with a file and a grinder though.

jlaudio29
10-04-2011, 08:42 PM
thanks for the faith, if my buddy out here in vegas get a milling machine ill really be in buisness, his father was a machinist so he grew up around mills. he actually helped design STI's modular frame for there race guns.