PDA

View Full Version : tell NYPD trigger by model number?

apheod
10-05-2011, 01:40 PM
i believe i read this on here before but i wasn't able to find the thread to confirm, and with a gun show coming up this weekend, i need to know (they have to zip-tie the triggers :mad:)

the k9s with the NYPD triggers have a C at the end of their model number right? if not, is there another way to tell what trigger is in the weapon?

jocko
10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
If the gun is new yes, some have NYPD stamped on the older style boxes. Most all new K9's today. DO NOT HAVE THE ny TRIGGER IN THEM, where as before this was the opposite.

It unlessu are a real trigger knowledeable person and especialli with kahrs very difficult to tell the in the trigger pull of the nypd trigger 1/2" and the elite trigger system of 3/8". Triger po7ndages are the same.

Bawanna
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Usually at gunshows if your seriously considering buying the gun they will cut that tie off so you can inspect more thoroughly, at least they always do at ours. You look, they put the tie back on. No harm no foul.

Like bolts on rifles etc, they cut the tie so you can look at the bore etc.

downtownv
03-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Can anyone clearly explain this NYPD trigger stuff? I bought a sweet K-9 from a great member (NYPD) on this forum. At the end of the day I love the feel and performance of the gun! Just curious.....

kerby9mm
03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Everything is the same except the NYPD trigger is 1/8 inchch longer pull to supposedly make it safer from ad. Like you would be able to notice a difference!

downtownv
03-03-2012, 04:01 PM
how can you tell is the a serial number code?

jocko
03-03-2012, 04:38 PM
if u bought it from a ny city cop, 99.995% it is nypd trigger. the fact tha tu love the feel and performance is all that matters. MY K9 I bought used 4 + years ago and it had the nypd trigger in it, . I can't realy tell any difference in it overmy PM9 with the elite trigger. I know I shoot the K9 better, it never vbothered me one way or the other. I can't feel an 1/8" is a deal breaker. Back then 90% of all K9's made had the nypd trigger in them, today it is the exact opposite. any new K9 bought today is 90% sure it has the elite trigger in it. I felt since kahr no longer serves the nypd with their K9, that they jusrt decided to drop the nypd trigger system for reasons it sdure was not needed for the open market consumer. Some great deals out there on the nypd used K9's..

kenk
03-04-2012, 09:03 AM
i believe i read this on here before but i wasn't able to find the thread to confirm, and with a gun show coming up this weekend, i need to know (they have to zip-tie the triggers :mad:)

the k9s with the NYPD triggers have a C at the end of their model number right? if not, is there another way to tell what trigger is in the weapon?

My K9, purchased from a NYPD officer, was manufactured in 2005 and the part number is K9093NAC (stainless with night sights) and has the longer trigger pull. I love it and I think the trigger was even better than the CM9 that I recently sold with about 350 rounds fired through it.

Ken

jocko
03-04-2012, 09:05 AM
a new kahr i the box with a nypd TRIGGER SHOLD HAVE A c AFTER THE MODEL NUMBER ON THE BOX, OTHER WISE IT WILLHAVE THE ELITE TRIGGER.