PDA

View Full Version : Here she is...My new P45

In-Yo-Grill
01-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Well folks I'm finding out that finding a CC handgun is an evolutionary process. I finally narrowed my choices to one...one brand that is.

From day one I've been impressed with the size, weight and accuracy of these guns. My latest purchase is goes to show how far technology has come. I've been after this gun for a long time. I really like the .45acp but didn't want to carry the weight of a 1911 style pistol. I know, I know...good holster aluminum frame...blah, blah, blah. Not trying to start an argument. I love 1911's and still may carry one from time to time.

Still, if I can have the power/accuracy of the .45acp in a more concealable platform then I'm getting my cake and eating it too.

So here it is. My (new to me) Kahr P45. The first two picks are of the gun by itself but the next two show it's size in comparison to my Kahr P9(9mm). It's just a hair longer, taller and wider but will all the power of the .45acp. I'm hoping to get her out and shoot it today but it's just so darn cold outside. Either way as soon as I get a chance I'll post up a range report.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P1080026.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P1080027.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P1080028.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P1080029.jpg

jocko
01-08-2010, 07:03 AM
just gotta love that DLC finish. to think a PM45 will lie between the PM9 and P45 in size. that is why they are also so popular. They tend to carry well to.

In-Yo-Grill
01-08-2010, 07:18 AM
just gotta love that DLC finish. to think a PM45 will lie between the PM9 and P45 in size. that is why they are also so popular. They tend to carry well to.

I was originally set on the PM45 but this one came along and I couldn't pass it up. The DLC finish is not easy to find in a gently used gun. Bought it from Buds and will do business with them again.

jocko
01-08-2010, 07:27 AM
wow and you found it in a basically new model "used" gun. that is a real find. I never see a dlc finished kahr of any model in a dealer show case. I had to order my PM9 DLC finished with night sights and wait for months before I ever got exactly what I wanted.

It is worth the wait IMO>

In-Yo-Grill
01-08-2010, 07:35 AM
wow and you found it in a basically new model "used" gun. that is a real find. I never see a dlc finished kahr of any model in a dealer show case. I had to order my PM9 DLC finished with night sights and wait for months before I ever got exactly what I wanted.

It is worth the wait IMO>

Finally...someone who appreciates what kind of find this was. Once I saw it and for the price they had it listed...I was powerless against it's control over me. I had to buy it.

jocko
01-08-2010, 07:41 AM
I have the same "powerless" disease when it comes to owning Harley-davidson's.

In-Yo-Grill
01-08-2010, 08:08 AM
I have the same "powerless" disease when it comes to owning Harley-davidson's.

Wow...when my bank account grows up I want it to be just like yours...:D

ripley16
01-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I love the black finish. Makes the P45 all the more suitable as a great CCW. I remember being pleasantly surprised at the accuracy this pistol was capable of producing. My P45 was the first Kahr I bought with night sights, and I discovered how much better my old eyes respnded to them, as opposed to the standard sights.

I found that +P recoil was more than I could control in the ultra light pistol. After trying several brands, I realized that standard ammo was for me. I too added the Hogue Handall, which made the grip as close to perfect as can be.

Holsters are a little harder to find for this model but I can recommend the Mitch Rosen Premier, shown below, for those that use the OWB style of carry.

Enjoy your gently used new P45.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/P45andseecamp.jpg

PaiN
01-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Kahr's with the black finish are Sexy Beasts ... :cool:
Looks great In-Yo,.. can't wait for the range report

K40/P45
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I have owned a k40 since 1998 first gun, in march of 09 traded my para p10 45 small but too heavy for a p45. Shot 50 rds day of purchase not one hicup. Last weekend took my refresh couse for ccw permit in las vegas, for qualifying at 7yards nothing outside of 8 ring on 50rds and same with the k40 really love them both. Carry 40 everyday cant carry 45 till new permit comes had too add it to permit. Congrats on your purchase and enjoy.

Dietrich
01-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I wish that you guys would stop posting pictures of your new guns.Just looking at that P45 makes a shiver go up my spine.What a thing of beauty! Congratulations,IYG,I hope it`s everything you want it to be and more. As far as having your cake and eating it too,I say pig out man,you only go around once!

Hammer
01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Finding an used "P" anything, 9, 40, 45, in near new condition is a no brainer. Especially with the DLC coating.
Congratulations.

Hammer

In-Yo-Grill
01-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Finding an used "P" anything, 9, 40, 45, in near new condition is a no brainer. Especially with the DLC coating.
Congratulations.

Hammer

That's what I tried to explain to the wife. It's not a need...it's not even a want...IT'S A MUST!!!

I'm trying to work a deal on a P40 with the DLC as we speak.