PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic trigger

1sleekMK40
09-04-2009, 02:18 PM
My MK40 has the best trigger I've seen in 30 years, don't think I'll ever trade this one!

jggonzalez
09-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I feel the same way about my MK9. Kahr triggers are among the best out-of-the-box triggers I've tried.

jocko
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I feel the same way about my MK9. Kahr triggers are among the best out-of-the-box triggers I've tried.

not just the MK series but all kahr triggers are the same "smooth" as glass, once a few rounds gets down range.

One can also with zero effort and no mods needed buy the 5# striker spring from wolffs and really enhance your semi. Doesn't change the trigger travel of 3/8" inch but changed the poundage required to pull the trigger. Does not make a hair trigger in any shape of the word either. I think kahrs trigger system is the simplest and smoothest of any system I ever seen. alot think the glocks trigger system is simple, it doesn't compare to the kahr trigger system, far far less parts in the kahr lower secion...

1sleekMK40
09-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Yep the best, Great to hear your responses!

Dave1899
09-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Yep, great trigger...never even thought about needing a trigger job. Kahr built one fine pistol.

ltxi
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
My MK9 trigger has a slight felt hitch in it, unlike my other two Kahrs. I was thinking about going after it, but it's not my primary carry pistol, isn't reall bothersome, and I'm not the perfectionist I used to be. Did order 5# striker springs. My triggers break at about 5 3/4 pounds. With the long pull, relative to S/As, a bit lighter would/will be good.

Bstinson
09-14-2009, 09:13 AM
My MK9 trigger has a slight felt hitch in it, unlike my other two Kahrs.

If the firearm is under Warranty, you might send it in for repair. As with any manufactured item they will occasionally have a flaw in the cast or metal that may need some attention. Their service is phenomenal and they want you to be happy with it. Give them a try.

Brad

Mits3kgt88
08-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I agree. Kahr triggers are the best, I love them! My MK40 Elite 03's trigger actually feels smoother the polymer Kahrs I've had and have. It just feels solid. I also love how clean and neat the laser engraving looks. I still look at it every day in admirance. I'm much happier with my MK40 over the PM40 I sold :D

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/mits3kgt8824/ae853696.jpg

jocko
08-23-2011, 04:23 PM
My MK9 trigger has a slight felt hitch in it, unlike my other two Kahrs. I was thinking about going after it, but it's not my primary carry pistol, isn't reall bothersome, and I'm not the perfectionist I used to be. Did order 5# striker springs. My triggers break at about 5 3/4 pounds. With the long pull, relative to S/As, a bit lighter would/will be good.

the fix for ur MK. take the right side grip off and look at that trigger bar and where that little curved spring hooks into that bar, that is more than likely your "hitch' take the spring off that trigger bar and with some fine 600+ grip sand paper smooth that trigger bar right at that area. , then a dab of greast here and I will bet that "hitch' dissapears.

Barth
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I agree. Kahr triggers are the best, I love them! My MK40 Elite 03's trigger actually feels smoother the polymer Kahrs I've had and have. It just feels solid. I also love how clean and neat the laser engraving looks. I still look at it every day in admirance. I'm much happier with my MK40 over the PM40 I sold :D

+1 on that.
Kahrs have great triggers.
And it seems like the stainless guns have the best triggers.
Particularly my Elite MK40.
Reminds me of my Smith revolvers with action jobs.
I even put a stainless trigger in my S&W 342 - and now it's SWEET.

My Kahr has got me thinking about a trigger job on my DA/SA Sig P239/357!

wayneo1
08-24-2011, 07:45 AM
your all making me want to go shooting just to feel the smooth trigger and low recoil love it.

jocko
08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
And it seems like the stainless guns have the best triggers.
Particularly my Elite MK40

It might apppear that way but in reality they are identical. Just IMO has to be the heft of the all steel over a polymer. I have no doubt thgat some kahrs come out of the box smoother thgan other when new but after a few hundred rounds each smooths out to be about the same. One could probably throuw a "good" trigger gauge on 5 different kiahrs and get 5 differetnt poundage readings, this in itself has alot to do with "felt" smoothness, but again after a few hundred rounds they all tend to even out.

I will say this, paying anyone to do a trigger job on a kahr is a waste of money. they are just that good out of the box and if u bought it to shoot, then in a few hundred rounds you have done what any smitty could p0ossable do to it. Been there and done that crap with cylinder and slides work. Absolutely felt no difference when they did the TRIGGER JOB than when I sent it in, course it has a few thousands round out of also.