PDA

View Full Version : Online Bullets

Rubb
10-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I have ordered from Precision Delta and Berrys Manufacturing… both have pretty good prices.
I need to start loading 45 acp in FMJ or plated so I can shoot 45 at the range I frequent most.
Where are you getting good prices on plated or FMJ 45’s?

DJK11
10-21-2011, 06:32 AM
I just loaded some 45, 185g Berrys and purchased them here www.tjconevera.com/berrys-45-cal-185-gr.html

It was less than direct from Berrys.

Bawanna
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
I've been using the Precision Delta FMJ's. Found they were about the same as the plated and they work well for me.

Rubb
10-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks folks!

Bawanna
10-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Do you use an indoor range? If so do they still allow exposed lead bullets. Ours have recently banned them and require a jacketed bullet. A lead tip or hollow point is ok but not a all lead.

Kind of sucks I had just gotten 2000 lead bullets for my 45 Colts and now I can't shoot em at the range, gotta find some place outside.

I really prefer jacketed or FMJ stuff anyhow, cleaner, easier to load but lead is much cheaper especially in 45 Colt and some of the bigger stuff.

Rubb
10-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Do you use an indoor range? If so do they still allow exposed lead bullets. Ours have recently banned them and require a jacketed bullet. A lead tip or hollow point is ok but not a all lead.

Kind of sucks I had just gotten 2000 lead bullets for my 45 Colts and now I can't shoot em at the range, gotta find some place outside.

I really prefer jacketed or FMJ stuff anyhow, cleaner, easier to load but lead is much cheaper especially in 45 Colt and some of the bigger stuff.

Yes, I have a couple around and one that still allows lead but…no rifle calibers.
The range I frequent most allows reloads but, no lead unless it’s 22 or 38.
Going the route of FMJ or plated will allow me to shoot .223 and .45 in the same range trip.
I have roughly 1500 185 gr. LSWC’s on hand and about 500 loaded.
I’m probably going to join an outdoor club next year…no point in it now….it’s starting to suck outside:rain:

BTW I posted this ? on a couple sites, a couple folks recommended this site for Berry’s….good prices!

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

DoubleSawbuck
10-22-2011, 09:46 AM
+1 for Powder Valley, they also have great prices on powder and primers and very quick shipping.

I only reload lead because the range I go to prefers it for their back stops and the price can't be beat. If I had to shoot plated or FMJ Berry's is the way I'd go too.