PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr k9 elite. Bent frame?

glockrex
10-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I just bought a k9 03 elite. However is this normal on the frame? It looks like the housing for the slide stop pin spring is bent.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff375/glockrex/kahr%20frame/

Should I send it back to Kahr?

glockrex
10-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh, I noticed some metal shavings in the frame after I first shot it, but it appears to be functional. I'll have to shoot it some more with an update of where the shavings are from.

jocko
10-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I think that is OK. my K9 looks just like that and I have over 5K through it. U should go to the kahr tech section and hit on two good sticky's

#1 kahr lube chart. just none better

#2 propper prepping of urnew kahr, gives some nice cleaning hints and thing sto look for if things happen.

The K9 is kahrs flagship gun, ..Those metal shaving could also be the slide and the steel frame itself actually matting up through cycling action. A good lube job on the slide willhelp all this along alot nicer to.

glockrex
10-22-2011, 03:43 PM
http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff375/glockrex/kahr%20frame/

Whoops, this link works

apheod
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
my k9 elite 03 looks the same way. i noticed (and wondered) the same thing when i removed the slide stop spring to bend it for more tension after having premature slide lock issues.

Diocoles
11-15-2011, 07:42 AM
That doesn't look good.
But you other guys say your's looks the same?

Mind posting pics of your frame for comparison?
I'm sure trying to investigate all issues before I buy myseld a K9.
Want to, but doing my research first.

Thank you in advance.

ripley16
11-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I just dismantled my K9 and have to say I don't see this deformation in my pistol. I'll jump out on a limb here and say this bend is probably user caused. I doubt the machine that cut the slot was programed to do a curve. I'd guess the bend is caused by forcably pressing on the pin or perhaps during the spring installation. Whether this is an actual problem in function is another question. If the gun works without fault, I'd not worry about it.