PDA

View Full Version : Reliability

JB61
09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
My CW9 was tight when new and would had an occasional jam firing the first 100 rds. I was told by others to just break it in more. But since I had experience polishing feed ramps and other metals I polished the ramp, guide rod, and outer barrel using Micro-Mesh to a mirror finish. Now it will fire any type bullet and I have yet to have a jam....very important as this is my carry gun.

P40
09-04-2009, 03:24 PM
JB61, can you please enlighten me what Micro-Mesh is??

Thanks, P40

hdawson
09-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I haven't had the first hiccup with my CW9. No need to fix what's not broke.:cool:

Mush
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I bought a used but never fired P9. At first, on occasion, when chambering the first round even when using the slide stop procedure it would failure to feed. I fired the 200 round break in. It still jammed some. I fired 400 rounds (all factory Remmington, Winchester, anad Blaizer) and it jammed less. After 500 rounds I have no problems. I can tell the action runs smoother and easier. I would clean and lube after each range session and only shoot 50 to 100 rounds on each session. In my experence, keep shooting until you "feel" it loosen up.

jocko
09-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I bought a used but never fired P9. At first, on occasion, when chambering the first round even when using the slide stop procedure it would failure to feed. I fired the 200 round break in. It still jammed some. I fired 400 rounds (all factory Remmington, Winchester, anad Blaizer) and it jammed less. After 500 rounds I have no problems. I can tell the action runs smoother and easier. I would clean and lube after each range session and only shoot 50 to 100 rounds on each session. In my experence, keep shooting until you "feel" it loosen up.

statement. to often some don't give the gun the necessary rounds to get right. I know all will say they should work perfect out of the box and most all do but they are machine made, things happen and if one will only work with therm awhile with rounds down range, Most all will shoot in properly. Proper lubrication and someone with computer skills should go to the glocktalk site and hit on the kahr section and about the frist sticky's down is a lubrication diagram in photo detail that is awesome. One should followi t with allsemi's IMO. Also the first sticky down on that kahr site is serial number history also, if u buy used and want to know when your kahr was made.

there is also a super super photo solution to complete dissably of the upper slide in detail with photos and some very helpful hints to take the slide aprt also. Most should never have to mess with doing so but it is a super photo detail and one u canprint off and keep for future use.

I know most all of you kahr shooter know that little hole on the bottom of the slide up by the breechface is the striker channel clean out hole All one needs to do to clean that strker channel is to get some good pressure spray cleaner and isnert the nozzle in there and just spray away. You will see fluids comingout of both ends and walla, u have not cleaned the striker channel with no dissambley needed. (do not oil the striker channel).

If you looking for some great spray cleaner. I have been using for over 3 years the napa #M black can #08880 high pressure NON CHOLORANTED high pressure brake cleaner. This stuff is absolutely the cats nuts for cleaning. It is the highest pressure spray cleaner I have ever used and it will not harm the polmer guns one bit. All cleaners today are non cholorinated s, they are polymer friendly. I would advise not spraying this or any cleaner on wood grips. Nice thing about this cleaner is that is is less then $3.

trust me guys, buy a can of this stuff and you will never pay $8 again for the same gun scrubber stuff with a different label. Nothing compares to this 3M as far as a high pressure can cleaner either...

Mush
09-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the NAPA tip. I always like a product that works well.

I found this site from the Glock talk site. I did clean out the slide. It had some gunk from the factory but not bad.

P.S. Your typing was one character off... You typed #M Brake cleaner and its really 3M Brake cleaner. I think you hit the shift key. But the Stock number 08880 is good....

Jim K
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Just as a safety note:

Stay away from Chlorinated brake cleaner when used around flame or cigarettes. That stuff can be super poisonous. Not that you want to use it on plastic anyway.

Stick with the non chlorinated stuff.

Stay Safe.

jocko
12-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Just as a safety note:

Stay away from Chlorinated brake cleaner when used around flame or cigarettes. That stuff can be super poisonous. Not that you want to use it on plastic anyway.

Stick with the non chlorinated stuff.

Stay Safe.

and it seems to me like ost of the cleaners out today in the auto section are NON CHOLORINATED

Cholorinarted will also really screw up polymer also..

oh damn, I just agreed with "the man". God have mercy on me??

cobraetti
12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
statement. to often some don't give the gun the necessary rounds to get right. I know all will say they should work perfect out of the box and most all do but they are machine made, things happen and if one will only work with therm awhile with rounds down range, Most all will shoot in properly. Proper lubrication and someone with computer skills should go to the glocktalk site and hit on the kahr section and about the frist sticky's down is a lubrication diagram in photo detail that is awesome. One should followi t with allsemi's IMO. Also the first sticky down on that kahr site is serial number history also, if u buy used and want to know when your kahr was made.

there is also a super super photo solution to complete dissably of the upper slide in detail with photos and some very helpful hints to take the slide aprt also. Most should never have to mess with doing so but it is a super photo detail and one u canprint off and keep for future use.

I know most all of you kahr shooter know that little hole on the bottom of the slide up by the breechface is the striker channel clean out hole All one needs to do to clean that strker channel is to get some good pressure spray cleaner and isnert the nozzle in there and just spray away. You will see fluids comingout of both ends and walla, u have not cleaned the striker channel with no dissambley needed. (do not oil the striker channel).

If you looking for some great spray cleaner. I have been using for over 3 years the napa #M black can #08880 high pressure NON CHOLORANTED high pressure brake cleaner. This stuff is absolutely the cats nuts for cleaning. It is the highest pressure spray cleaner I have ever used and it will not harm the polmer guns one bit. All cleaners today are non cholorinated s, they are polymer friendly. I would advise not spraying this or any cleaner on wood grips. Nice thing about this cleaner is that is is less then $3.

trust me guys, buy a can of this stuff and you will never pay $8 again for the same gun scrubber stuff with a different label. Nothing compares to this 3M as far as a high pressure can cleaner either...

anyone have the "where to oil" diagram?

jocko
12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the NAPA tip. I always like a product that works well.

I found this site from the Glock talk site. I did clean out the slide. It had some gunk from the factory but not bad.

P.S. Your typing was one character off... You typed #M Brake cleaner and its really 3M Brake cleaner. I think you hit the shift key. But the Stock number 08880 is good....

will find out from reading my posts, my typing needs alot of "words" down range....

jocko
12-01-2009, 02:59 PM
COBRAETTI: go to the Kahr-tech (on this forum) and it is the 3rd sticky down.. great guide for all semi's.

cobraetti
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
COBRAETTI: go to the Kahr-tech (on this forum) and it is the 3rd sticky down.. great guide for all semi's.

thanks...

sharpetop
12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
and it seems to me like ost of the cleaners out today in the auto section are NON CHOLORINATED

Cholorinarted will also really screw up polymer also..

oh damn, I just agreed with "the man". God have mercy on me??

Thats because most of the cars made today are made out of plastic!! :p

stevehome
12-11-2009, 12:08 AM
They say (Kahr) is that they want 4 or 500 rounds through the gun before they will even look at it in the factory. My PM-9 never had any jams and I'm on the 300 round range. I was shooting my new P-45 (all black version) and had 2 failure to seat completly. That was within my first 100 rounds. So I have to put a few more hundered through it to really see! Ammo these days are not cheat!