PDA

View Full Version : New Member and New Owner K9

jtsteiert
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I traded for a K9 stainless today, I have been wanting a Kahr for a while and Im excited to finally have one.
It is a older model and tried to figure out hold old it by looking at the serial number thread but wasnt able to figure it out. My serial # is AR33XX.
It has the rubber grips on it and not the hard plastic or composite grips the newer ones have.
If anyone can offer any insight in to hold old or what year it was made in I would appreciate it.
Now to get pics up and take it to the range!

Bawanna
11-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome jtsteiert. Looking at the list in the tech section it looks like your K9 was born sometime around 2000 give or take.

It's a good gun and I like the rubber grips. I have the K40 version. Never bothered to check it's birth date but I suspect it's in the same general area.

Bill K
11-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk!

Will you be giving us a range report sometime soon?

jtsteiert
11-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk!

Will you be giving us a range report sometime soon?

Will get to the range this weekend. Will post up how things go.

JohnR
11-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Welcome to Steel World, you're gonna love it here! The rubber grips are great, all guns should have 'em!

O'Dell
11-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I'll echo, welcome to the forum.

jtsteiert
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Well I talked the wife into a trip to the range this evening, she knew I couldnt wait until the weekend.... She knows me well!

I picked up several boxes of 124g Aguila range rounds ($9.99 box of 50) and went to the range to try out the new Kahr.
The first mag was my introduction to a new gun and trigger, almost looked like I was shooting a shotgun instead of a pistol.lol.... But settled in after that did pretty good. At 21' I kept a pretty tight 3" group and at 30' held my group to 6".
The gun work as I hoped it would, mild recoil, comfortable grip, easily controlled. No malfunctions so all in all Im pretty happy.

I carried it in a OWB Desantis holster which worked ok, I prefer IWB but since this one came with the gun I used it. Concealed nicely and the weight wasnt noticable at all.

Some more practice with it and I will feel very comfortable carrying it all the time.

TheTman
11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forum jtsteiert. Glad to hear you and the K9 are getting along well.

wyntrout
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I ordered and got my K9 new in March 1998 and it's AR11xx. It's SS with soft grips, though I recently got CT Laser Grips and they are a harder plasticky stuff.

The K series are terrific pistols and I can't imagine a pistol with a better fit and feel. I hope you enjoy yours.

Wynn:)