PDA

View Full Version : Other holster that fir Kahr

MattTheKnife
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
In my 11 years as a Kahr owner, I've learned the following holsters designed specifically for other firearms will fit the 9mm/.40 Kahr:

- A Galco Yaqui slide for a 1911,

- A Wilderness Tactical SafePacker designed for a j-frame S&W will fit a Covert or a PM/MK frame (but not a standard frame),

- A surplus flap holster for a Makarov.

Anyone know of anything else that works?

Steelheart
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
An Uncle Mikes pocket holster for a small frame revovler will work for a PM9 just fine.

Steelheart

MattTheKnife
09-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Defense Planners are expensice. Cheap day planners are . . . well . . . cheap.

I have an old Mead planner that I cut a slit into an inner wall and plastic sheet that held the binding rings. I was then able to hook an IWB into the slit. That was a decade ago and it still works.

Dietrich
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I own a PM9 and I bought a minituck from Crossbreed for IWB carry. I own three Crossbreed Supertucks for larger handguns and I didn`t think any IWB holster could be more comfortable but the little minituck proved me wrong.There might be other holsters that are as good as Crossbreeds but I doubt there are any better.

Steelheart
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I tried a Minituck and ended up returning it. The quality was great (I've got 2 Supertucks myself for larger guns) but it caught me wrong on my hip and just started to dig in.

Then again, I replaced it with a Comptac CTAC which is causing the same thing, just not as bad. I've used a CTAC for my subcompact XD without any issues so it's not the design.

This just goes to show that a given holster design won't work for everyone.

Steelheart

1911master
09-04-2009, 08:26 PM
I have found alot of holsters for the 1911 will fit the 45 P series. Your kind of hit and miss on the 9 series. I do know that more and more holster makers are geared up for the Kahr pistols.

DakPara
09-04-2009, 10:02 PM
In my 11 years as a Kahr owner, I've learned the following holsters designed specifically for other firearms will fit the 9mm/.40 Kahr:

- A Galco Yaqui slide for a 1911,

- A Wilderness Tactical SafePacker designed for a j-frame S&W will fit a Covert or a PM/MK frame (but not a standard frame),

- A surplus flap holster for a Makarov.

Anyone know of anything else that works?

Galco JAK Slide JAK212 fits P9 amd PM9. Maybe others.

P40
09-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Just got my first Kahr, a P40. Arrived on my B-day 3 weeks ago :D and I could not find any holsters local that fit the P40 "just right". If it was big enough to fit, it was too loose to feel secure. The Kahr shop has what appears to be some good choices & I found a few others online that were just out of my budget considering the new purchase + ammo I bought. I found some mediocre ones online I almost pulled the trigger on but still was unsure about satisfaction.

Then I decided to tackle making my own. I just finished making one in Kydex yesterday that is VERY comfortable. So far it has exceeded my expectations by far and I think is better than what I found for sale, maybe because I made it just the way I wanted. I am going to wear it this weekend and see if it needs anymore tweaks & adjustments, but I think it is going to be a winner.

I can post some pictures if anyone wants to see it? :)

Edit, I posted pics on the "Conceal Carry Holster Choices" thread.

greenjeans
09-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I use a Fobus HK1 Paddle for my CW45. Retention could be a little tighter, but it works well.

1sleekMK40
09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey all, believe it or not I have found, for me anyway, the ace case tuckable leather for the mk40 works best. Right where I need it, not noticeable and after some practice, very easy to draw. When I can afford one this is the one I want to get.

Brigade Order Status Page (http://www.brigadegunleather.com/m-11choice.html)

Kahr54
09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I would like to get a serpa holster for my CW45 but nobody makes one for the Kahr and the slide stop on the side of the CW45 won't allow me to fit it into holsters designed for some of the Glock models. Oh well...

mdroz3
09-09-2009, 11:04 PM
I really like the FIST holsters. I have a tuckable iwb for a pm9. It is made of kydex. The gun locks up into nicely into the holster. You can get them for around $50.00
I also have a Galco ankle glove. That is the most comfortable ankle rig i have ever worn. It is a leather holster on a neopren ankle wrap. Those can be had for about $80.00.
Have never tried a crossbred holster but i want one for my 1911.

dshreck
09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
A public secret holster by highnoon that is moldedfor a P9, will also fit a P40, K9 and K40. Hope that helps. Love the HighNoon holsters. Very well made and durable.

mammynun
09-12-2009, 06:40 AM
I own a PM9 and I bought a minituck from Crossbreed for IWB carry. I own three Crossbreed Supertucks for larger handguns and I didn`t think any IWB holster could be more comfortable but the little minituck proved me wrong.There might be other holsters that are as good as Crossbreeds but I doubt there are any better.

+1

Couldn't agree more!

mammynun
09-12-2009, 06:50 AM
I would like to get a serpa holster for my CW45 but nobody makes one for the Kahr and the slide stop on the side of the CW45 won't allow me to fit it into holsters designed for some of the Glock models. Oh well...

I have an iTAC for a Taurus 24/7 that my PM45 clicks securely into. The barrel of a PM45 (3.14") is 7/8" short of the end of the holster, so a CW45 (3.64" bbl) should only be 3/8" short.

I don't know if the frames are different between PM's and CW's in a way that would keep a CW from locking into an iTac.

Kahr54
09-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I have an iTAC for a Taurus 24/7 that my PM45 clicks securely into. The barrel of a PM45 (3.14") is 7/8" short of the end of the holster, so a CW45 (3.64" bbl) should only be 3/8" short.

I don't know if the frames are different between PM's and CW's in a way that would keep a CW from locking into an iTac.

Thanks for the info. I would espect the frame and slide width, as well as the general locations of the slide stop and trigger guard would be the same on the PM as the CW. The only real differences would be the slide length and grip length. I'll check out iTAC.

Muldoon

wagon
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I can believe it :) although I don't have one (yet). I have a Bersa 380cc in an UncleMike IWB #1, I like everthing of it, it is comfortable, except that I wish it sits lower. Among those economic IWB, I like Ace coz it sits low and is tuckable. Someone in other forums "strongly" suggested me to give it a try. For the money it is a no brainer.

I'm getting my PM9 this week, the Ace will be it's first home. Still shopping for a decent OWB for the PM9. I have a UBG for the other gun and like it.. but very long leadtime nowadays... decision decision.... but that's the fun part of the shopping experience tho. :D

Hey all, believe it or not I have found, for me anyway, the ace case tuckable leather for the mk40 works best. Right where I need it, not noticeable and after some practice, very easy to draw. When I can afford one this is the one I want to get.

Brigade Order Status Page (http://www.brigadegunleather.com/m-11choice.html)

adamsgeneral
12-08-2009, 08:38 PM
for my p380, i purchased a Blackhawk! size 10 ankle holster for it , works great. says for .22 and .25 pistols, but the little kahr is right at home. and for 17.00, ya cant go wrong!:)

Arizona T
12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I have tried many different type of holsters as most of you all. What's working for me here in the hot desert climate is the Comp -Tac Minotaur neutral cant IWB for my PM9 and my PM40 same holster.