PDA

View Full Version : CT on CM9 shifts point of aim

roklimo
11-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I noticed after carrying my CM9 with crimson trace laser in my front pocket, that the point of aim on the laser no longer lined up with the sights. If I push the laser left or right with my thumb, I can shift the laser noticeably. It's like the two screws that clamp the halves together aren't sufficient to support the laser. I am afraid to tighten the mounting screws any more since they are so tiny. Anyone else notice similar problems? I have contacted CT via email and am waiting on a response.

MikeyKahr
11-17-2011, 01:54 PM
My poi/poa on my pm9 with ct has not shifted at all since purchase. CT has been right on with the sights since the get go even with me removing the ct every few months or so for complete cleaning. How tight have you set the screws? Do you go to flush or to tightness? How far are you able to physically move the ct back and forth right and left? Mine doesn't shift much at all. I wouldn't worry too much about the small screws they're quite strong.

Sent using Tapatalk

roklimo
11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
No response yet from CT...

Ikeo74
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
You didn't say, are you using some brand of a pocket holster?

Markis82
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
My poi/poa on my pm9 with ct has not shifted at all since purchase. CT has been right on with the sights since the get go even with me removing the ct every few months or so for complete cleaning. How tight have you set the screws? Do you go to flush or to tightness? How far are you able to physically move the ct back and forth right and left? Mine doesn't shift much at all. I wouldn't worry too much about the small screws they're quite strong.

Sent using TapatalkI agree with the above post. I have had CT's on other guns, not on my CM9. However, when installed correctly the CT will not move. Try squeezing the CT body together with your thumb and index finger, at the screw points while tighten the screw (both screws). This has helped others who have had this problem. If you do it and it still moves, I'd say the CT mounting area is out of spec. Tighten that sucker!!!

Mr_D
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
I have the same problem with a CW45. Called CT and they said to bring it in. I only live about 35 miles from them. Just haven't done it yet.

On edit: Bought a "test fired" (factory rebuilt) P45, transferred the CT to it and still seem to have the same problem.

A friend has another brand pistol with the CT on it and his does the same thing.

BrewerGeorge
11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Be sure you have everything lined up properly then tighten the screws more. Mine did the same thing at first try; I had to tighten the screws past where I'd normally have stopped to get it to stay put.

Note that you can always flex the laser out of position if you do it on purpose with your hand. That's just the nature of the plastic, IMO. It's installed correctly when it comes back to zero after you let it go.

roklimo
12-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the advice. Still no response from CT. I will mess with it some more and see if I can fix it.

Markis82
12-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the advice. Still no response from CT. I will mess with it some more and see if I can fix it.Did you call them? They are usually really good with customer service over the phone.

Micha2u
12-06-2011, 06:50 AM
For what it's worth...

I've been waiting to hear what CT gets back to you with for a response but in the meantime I have to agree that the CT Laserguard on my CM9 is solid and tight and it will not move by trying to wiggle it.

The screws are tightly torqued down and the POI does not change after repeated firing.

mightymouse
12-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Mine has held poa 100s of rounds w/o changing, well over 500 at least. I do not remove it for cleaning as wimpy little screws tightened repeatedly are asking to be stripped. Really no need for removal except battery change, then might need a touch to re zero. I don't use any cleaners or solvents on any of my poly frames. Unfortunately, mine is the very poor fitting version with gap on right side. I'm not going into that again, but it works flawlessly. Also have 1500 rounds w/o change on my LCP.

Mr_D
12-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Did you call them? They are usually really good with customer service over the phone.
I did, they said to bring it by and they'd check it since I live so close.