PDA

View Full Version : Recent Developments in Federal & State Law, 2009-2010

TriggerMan
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
They're Liberal Lawyers, certainly not a popular combination on most gun forums, but the info is national in scope, updated regularly and of interest to all of us.

http://www.lcav.org/content/Federallawsummary.asp

http://www.lcav.org/content/recent_developments_2011.asp

HDoc
11-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the link. Looks like Florida has gotten a bit better, other States
not so much so.

Micha2u
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks...good link...interesting recap. of the various states.

Wisconsin has joined 48 other states and now has a shall issue concealed carry law and they also passed the Castle Doctrine here so things are getting much better in Wisconsin as well.

muggsy
12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Good Post. I sent this one on to my CCW friends.

Longitude Zero
12-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Informative links, thanks.

Markis82
12-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't know how accurate any of this is. I found 2 errors in the statement about Florida. 1) Florida now allows concealed weapon permit holders to openly carry firearms - Incorrect!! We can only briefly have the weapon uncovered. Like if you lean over in the supermarket and accidentally your gun gets uncovered. 2) Florida recently enacted a law that prohibits a health care practitioner or health care facility from routinely recording information, or inquiring about, firearm ownership or the presence of firearms in the home. - Incorrect!! Passed but on hold until the legal battle is over.

TriggerMan
12-09-2011, 07:58 AM
I don't know how accurate any of this is. I found 2 errors in the statement about Florida. 1) Florida now allows concealed weapon permit holders to openly carry firearms - Incorrect!! We can only briefly have the weapon uncovered. Like if you lean over in the supermarket and accidentally your gun gets uncovered. 2) Florida recently enacted a law that prohibits a health care practitioner or health care facility from routinely recording information, or inquiring about, firearm ownership or the presence of firearms in the home. - Incorrect!! Passed but on hold until the legal battle is over.The first link is current for 2008, the second link is as of July 2011. Perhaps that's the answer.

Markis82
12-09-2011, 08:05 AM
The first link is current for 2008, the second link is as of July 2011. Perhaps that's the answer.I'm talking about the 2011 link.