PDA

View Full Version : wwb 115 gr 9mm 100rds 21.95 good deal?

bradleyj37
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
found a stash of 20 100 round boxes of the wwb 9mm ammo at a walmart near my house, bought 5 boxes. they also had 100 round boxes of wwb 45 acp for 33 a box. good deal for the 9 mil. what say ye.

TheSorb
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Sweet deal!:cool:

jreXD9
01-18-2010, 08:23 PM
excellent deal unless you have a "connection." The son of a friend brought me a 100 count box of WWB last week for $15. $22 without a connection is a good deal. I'd jump on that anyday.

mr surveyor
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
sounds about right on the wwb 9mm. I think I paid 19.97 at china-mart for a 100 pack about a month ago. The 45 sounds about 5 buck higher than what I've been seeing, but it's a regional thing. Maaaabbbbeeeyyyyy we are finally going to get out of this ammo funk, but the hoarding and price gouging has no doubt left us with rediculous prices.

Vinikahr
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Good in a way!:86:

medezyner
01-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Yup under $20 last time I bought. The .45 is cheaper at my wally world. You gotta time it right when the stock comes in, other than that, the shelves still look a bit naked up here in NH. The stranglehold on stock does seem to be loosening up a little.

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Yup under $20 last time I bought. The .45 is cheaper at my wally world. You gotta time it right when the stock comes in, other than that, the shelves still look a bit naked up here in NH. The stranglehold on stock does seem to be loosening up a little.

Lucky you, I have several Wally stores in a five mile radius and none them have any 9mm or 45 ACP.:86:

getsome
01-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I wonder why some bright entrepreneur hasn't gone into the ammo business... In this bad economy its a sure shot deal (bad pun) but you could sell everything you could make and make a real nice return on investment...

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I wonder why some bright entrepreneur hasn't gone into the ammo business... In this bad economy its a sure shot deal (bad pun) but you could sell everything you could make and make a real nice return on investment...

There is certain money to be made, but the hoarding of ammo is slowing down and availability of ammo is less scarce and prices are starting to come down, I see that more ammo from other countries are being imported (at least range type). I have not been to range much(before I went once a month) since the prices of the ranges and ammo went up, I only go once a year (I am going this week yeah to break my PM9 and CW45). I am sticking to simulations alternatives for most of the time.:86:

medezyner
01-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Just thinking about the liability insurance/legal issues is enough to make me lose my lunch never mind trying to buy raw materials. You’ll be left with scraps going up against ammo giants like ATK. Then throw in the cost of high speed automated equipment. No wonder there aren’t any new manufacturers. Then you’ll lose sleep wondering when the ammo market will take a nose-dive after the pipeline is filled. I bet the big guys are running the production lines around the clock and that won’t continue indefinitely. What the hell, live dangerously, I’ll invest if you’re interested!

getsome
01-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Yea I hear you man...Every time my son and go to the range its $75-$100 dollars with range time, ammo and targets...The range near us won't let you bring in your own ammo, reloads or targets cause they want you to be forced to pay their price but what ya gonna do if you want to shoot...I really wish I could make my own range in my basement and am still thinking about doing it...My nearest neighbor is several hundred yards away so I dont think noise would be a problem after doing some sound proofing, just need to be sure that the backstop and ventilation is adequate....Any one else thought about or done something like this? When I was growing up I lived on a 150 acre farm and didn't think anything about going out back and shooting all I wanted...Sure miss those days.....

getsome
01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Medezyner, You came in between my reply to vinikahr...sorry I type slow and have to take phone calls for my job....I don't have a computer at home which makes me one of the .0000005% of the population that does not own a PC....Anyway I understand what you mean about insurance and all....I wonder how much the gun ranges have to pay for coverage....I have never wanted to own a business for myself due to the headaches and the stinking IRS....

medezyner
01-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Yea I hear you man...Every time my son and go to the range its $75-$100 dollars with range time, ammo and targets...The range near us won't let you bring in your own ammo, reloads or targets cause they want you to be forced to pay their price but what ya gonna do if you want to shoot...I really wish I could make my own range in my basement and am still thinking about doing it...My nearest neighbor is several hundred yards away so I dont think noise would be a problem after doing some sound proofing, just need to be sure that the backstop and ventilation is adequate....Any one else thought about or done something like this? When I was growing up I lived on a 150 acre farm and didn't think anything about going out back and shooting all I wanted...Sure miss those days.....

I'm with ya, my own personal indoor range...cool! OK, now I gotta hide the steel backstop/trap, the steel ceiling, ventilation system and the added sound insulation from the insurance company. Oh, and now I can’t sell the house b/c of lead poisoning. Damn, it sounded good in the beginning. Too bad you can’t just find a new place to shoot.

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Just thinking about the liability insurance/legal issues is enough to make me lose my lunch never mind trying to buy raw materials. You’ll be left with scraps going up against ammo giants like ATK. Then throw in the cost of high speed automated equipment. No wonder there aren’t any new manufacturers. Then you’ll lose sleep wondering when the ammo market will take a nose-dive after the pipeline is filled. I bet the big guys are running the production lines around the clock and that won’t continue indefinitely. What the hell, live dangerously, I’ll invest if you’re interested!

The big manufactures are running 24/7 and according to some posters in other forums they have not raise the prices, the issue here is that many people are hoarding ammo( hey watch your neighbor going to Wally World everyday to snatch all the ammo). The funny thing is that this is the same people you will see selling this same ammo at gun-shows and or other broker sites for double and triple the price. There are always alternatives. :86:

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Medezyner, You came in between my reply to vinikahr...sorry I type slow and have to take phone calls for my job....I don't have a computer at home which makes me one of the .0000005% of the population that does not own a PC....Anyway I understand what you mean about insurance and all....I wonder how much the gun ranges have to pay for coverage....I have never wanted to own a business for myself due to the headaches and the stinking IRS....

Wow no computer? Hey not to worry, I am the same categories when it comes to cell phone and other devices. I do not own none of those hi-tech gadget ( I am usually behind 5 years) ones that cost an arm and a leg and requires a contract. The range that I usually go raised the price from $10 to $13, they explained that the $3 is for disposal fee according to the EPA or some sort of nonsense. I still did not see any changes that will merit this increases, but I guess they have to get some money from other sources. :behindsofa:

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 02:19 PM

That sucks, but hey what can you do when you want to shoot. My wife is not to found about expending that much money in the range, so we came to an understanding while ammo is expensive. When I go this weekend it will be about $60.00. Crazy, but they way I do it is on a budget:der:. At least this people with let me bring my own ammo and targets.:86:

medezyner
01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
The range that I usually go raised the price from $10 to $13, they explained that the $3 is for disposal fee according to the EPA or some sort of nonsense. I still did not see any changes that will merit this increases, but I guess they have to get some money from other sources.

Our club's indoor range has a sand collection trap under the steel back plate. The disposal fee went way up on that sand when we changed it out. Now we're trying to upgrade the ventillation system but the cost has slowed things down. These ranges get fee'd to death, so it's no wonder you're seeing the price go up.

medezyner
01-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Oh ya, this year our club insurance almost doubled. Robbers.

Raoul
01-20-2010, 06:26 PM
.22 a round isn't bad at all. Beats the prices we were seeing 6-8 months ago.

bradleyj37
01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
okay so heres the deal does anyone else have trouble getting the wwb 115 in the kahr mags. seems to me that there just isnt enough room to let the rounds slide up and down in the mag. i put a few in and it feels like the front of the round is rubbing against the inside of the mag. anyone with info thanks.