PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Making a .45 GAP

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
The .45 GAP was engineer with the purpose to fit small frames pistols. It is only logical that Kahr firearms fit this bill, but yet is not in their production or I have never read about it. I just recently bought a Glock 45 Gap($379 new) and I like it. I only found two manufactures that are doing the 45 GAP, of course Glock and Springfield. If Kahr would make a 45 GAP pistol, I sure would buy it. I know is a specialty round and is a bit expensive when compare with the 45 ACP, but it would be the perfect round for the 45 line. Any thoughts? Flame suit on>:target::86:

kahrs&cars
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
The .45 GAP was engineer with the purpose to fit small frames pistols. It is only logical that Kahr firearms fit this bill, but yet is not in their production or I have never read about it. I just recently bought a Glock 45 Gap($379 new) and I like it. I only found two manufactures that are doing the 45 GAP, of course Glock and Springfield. If Kahr would make a 45 GAP pistol, I sure would buy it. I know is a specialty round and is a bit expensive when compare with the 45 ACP, but it would be the perfect round for the 45 line. Any thoughts? Flame suit on>:target::86:

Yes this sounds very interesting and I for one would have to buy it...WHY you ask?....well after all it would be a KAHR! Do i need any other reasons?...lol
As far as i'm concerned the PM 45 is as small as any .45 needs to be IMO. Only thing i could think that the .45 gap would add to the plate is a couple extra rounds in the same frame size maybe...that would be nice.

I have yet to shoot the .45GAP please share your take on it versus the traditional .45 ACP, if any are noted.

Thx for bringing a good thread to light, it should get some interesting replies:86:

jeepster09
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
My local dealer said the novilty wore off and nobody was buying the GAP. I noticed not much ammo available for them either. Para Ordnance makes one.:86:

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 04:20 PM
kahrs&cars;8280
Yes this sounds very interesting and I for one would have to buy it...WHY you ask?....well after all it would be a KAHR! Do i need any other reasons?...lol I believe many people is afraid to ask. I wanted to put out there, maybe that could come to light, you never know. If enough followers or enough people show interest that can be a product that could take off and be successful.

As far as i'm concerned the PM 45 is as small as any .45 needs to be IMO. Only thing i could think that the .45 gap would add to the plate is a couple extra rounds in the same frame size maybe...that would be nice.That is exactly my point, more firepower in a compact package.

I have yet to shoot the .45GAP please share your take on it versus the traditional .45 ACP, if any are noted.Sure.

Thx for bringing a good thread to light, it should get some interesting replies:86: Sure thing!:4:

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
My local dealer said the novilty wore off and nobody was buying the GAP. I noticed not much ammo available for them either. Para Ordnance makes one.:86:
I don't blame them, I would only sell what makes money, if you can bring a product to the right people, you can make a product popular. Take the 380 ACP for example. It sell now like hotcakes. It takes vision. I believe Kahr firearms are the right platform for this cartridge. So, we have 3 manufactures that make 45 GAP fire arms, thanks for the info. :4:

dschubert
01-26-2010, 04:55 AM
The GAP was developed to fit a 45 in a 9mm size weapon...Kahr did that without changing the 45acp cartridge so why downgrade to the GAP?

Magazine capacity is a function of cartridge diameter not length. The GAP is the same diameter as the 45acp just a little shorter so will get you no more rounds than the 45acp in the same size weapon.

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 09:25 AM
The GAP was developed to fit a 45 in a 9mm size weapon...Kahr did that without changing the 45acp cartridge so why downgrade to the GAP?

Magazine capacity is a function of cartridge diameter not length. The GAP is the same diameter as the 45acp just a little shorter so will get you no more rounds than the 45acp in the same size weapon.

What he said -- ditto. Just less available ammo and higher prices for available ammo. Makes no sense!
Wynn:D

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Jocko, come on and join us again. Let's forget the politics and enjoy KahrTalk!
Wynn:)

Vinikahr
01-26-2010, 09:58 AM

It is good to have options!:hippie:

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Vini', you could always have a barrel made for, say a Kahr .40 and make your own. Then you could enjoy limited access to higher-priced ammo. Do you like smacking your thumb with a hammer so you enjoy not doing that for a while??:p
Even plinking would be more expensive -- no surplus or cheap ammo.

Vinikahr
01-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Vini', you could always have a barrel made for, say a Kahr .40 and make your own. Then you could enjoy limited access to higher-priced ammo. Do you like smacking your thumb with a hammer so you enjoy not doing that for a while??:p
Even plinking would be more expensive -- no surplus or cheap ammo.

I do not disagree that the GAP is not the cheapest ammo out there and the availability is horrible. But assuming that was not the situation, then that would be an option. Now you have me thinking on getting a new Kahr in 40 S&W. which cheaper than 45 ACP.:eek:

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I notice that you don't have a Kahr .40 listed... or a P380??? I by passed the .40 and went straight to the .45 ACP. The first one I shot was a 1917 revolver with the half-moon clips when I was in my early teens.
I used to love shooting cans, and big centerfire bullets make them jump! .22's were so boring... rifles, too, though varmint shooting prairie dogs and the like looked like a lot of fun. Three 'dogs sitting there and then there were two -- George, what happened to Larry. He was here a minute ago! George... George... splat.:D

Got to run to the commissary and drop a Kahr .45 magazine in the mail for Tactical Kydex to make me 2xIWB and 2xOWB, then I'll have all I need before he starts charging what he should. The PM45 is a few months away, though.:p

Vinikahr
01-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I notice that you don't have a Kahr .40 listed... or a P380??? I by passed the .40 and went straight to the .45 ACP.

I have them on the wish list, and soon they become available from the seller I buy from, they will come home!:roll::4:

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Gotta keep up with the Joneses... or whatever!:D
Wynn

500KV
01-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm waiting on them to make one chambered for the 357Sig.
I'd almost bet they will..sooner or later.:confused:

jeepster09
01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
It is good to have options!:hippie:

I agree, the GAP would most likely have less recoil than ACP and still make the BIG holes, which would be good in SMALL gun.:80:

Vinikahr
01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Gotta keep up with the Joneses... or whatever!:D
Wynn
Of course, but the Joneses cannot keep up with me:D

Vinikahr
01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree, the GAP would most likely have less recoil than ACP and still make the BIG holes, which would be good in SMALL gun.:80:

For sure!:84:

Vinikahr
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm waiting on them to make one chambered for the 357Sig.
I'd almost bet they will..sooner or later.:confused:

I hope so! That would be kool!:roll: