PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with new T40 report

Tank
12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
This is my 1st post so here goes.

Picked up my new T40 the Friday after Thanksgiving and got to shoot it last Friday. Made it through about 80 rounds before my trigger finger was getting cold and loosing feeling. Only hiccup came in 1st or second mag with the receiver not closing all the way. Ran good after that. I'm pleased with the gun and can't wait to get more rounds through it.

My brother stopped by and after talking for a while my hand was warm enough to run about 30 rounds through my P380 before going home.

It's hard to beat a day off work when you can carve out a few hours to go shooting all by yourself. That's when you can spend quality time with a gun.

I'm new to this site but must say I really like what I have seen, especially the way people respect each other here.

Tank

ripley16
12-09-2011, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. The T40 seems to be one of the most rare of the Kahrs. Thanks for the report.

devildogxd
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
My T9 is one of the most sexy pistols I have ever owned. It has great lines, beautiful grips and yes like most beautiful women, she can be deadly as well. Ok enough of the small talk, the T9 fits my hand better than any other gun I've tried and I have lots of them. Glad you joined the club. Enjoy her!

jocko
12-21-2011, 12:08 PM
This is my 1st post so here goes.

Picked up my new T40 the Friday after Thanksgiving and got to shoot it last Friday. Made it through about 80 rounds before my trigger finger was getting cold and loosing feeling. Only hiccup came in 1st or second mag with the receiver not closing all the way. Ran good after that. I'm pleased with the gun and can't wait to get more rounds through it.

My brother stopped by and after talking for a while my hand was warm enough to run about 30 rounds through my P380 before going home.

It's hard to beat a day off work when you can carve out a few hours to go shooting all by yourself. That's when you can spend quality time with a gun.

I'm new to this site but must say I really like what I have seen, especially the way people respect each other here.

Tank

aboard, two nice reportsd, especially with the P380 for a change. good guys here, they are also smarter than a tack to:D

Bawanna
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Excellent report. I think a T40 would be an excellent caliber size fit. I've longed for a T9 for ages but a T40 might be even better. I know they sure feel sweet in my hand. Course a T45 would be the ultimate but I have so many wishes I won't bother to add that to the list.

Welcome aboard, I think you'll like it here.

Tank
12-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I was almost ready to get the T9 than thought about it more. Ammo cost wasn't a huge differnce going with the .40, and realistically I'll probably be shooting 750 rounds a year, more if I can make the time . The size and weight of the 2 guns are close. The weight of the T40 tames the .40 cal recoil and makes it a pleasuer to shoot. I don't own a 9mm yet but plan to get one at some point. I think I'd rather have the 9mm in a polymer frame and the .40 in the steel frame than vise versa. Reasoning being using the weight for recoil reduction, not that I have issues with polymer frame .40s or .45s. This also was not a 9mm vs .40 cal issue, as I like them both.

This was just a few of thoughts that drove me to the T40 over the T9.

I still haven't made it out to get the rest of the break in round through it yet, which I hope to do by myself. But I'm looking forward to shooting with my buddys and letting them drool over this gun. I have one friend who likes the somewhat out of the ordinary guns (like the Sig 1911) that will need a T series after shooting this.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

FLBri
12-23-2011, 05:04 AM
I'm salivating now. Having just purchased a T9 a month ago ... I'm picking up a T40 later this morning. I'm excited to put some rounds down the pipe and prove it out. When I got the T9 I found it to be the most naturally accurate gun I have ever shot. The T9 is at Kahr right now for some rework ... the .40 hopefully will be fit and ready.

mlgarr
12-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Sold my T40 and watched it drive away. Man that was a tought gun to let go. One of the most accurate 40s I ever had and totally reliable with absolutley the best trigger on the planet. I'm sure the new owner who is on this site and has a T9 will enjoy it.

FLBri
12-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Sold my T40 and watched it drive away. Man that was a tought gun to let go. One of the most accurate 40s I ever had and totally reliable with absolutley the best trigger on the planet. I'm sure the new owner who is on this site and has a T9 will enjoy it.

Hmmmm ... I wonder who that could be!:D
I hope to get a chance to shoot it today. I love the way it feels in the hand. I'll report back here when I do get to shoot it.

FLBri
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Just came back from putting 100 down range with the T40. Extremely accurate. I was a little taken back by the kick of the 40 cal as I am very used to 9mm. This is the first 40 cal I have owned. But once I adapted to what to expect I was 'playing Robin Hood' at everything from 7 to 10 yards. Follow up was controllable for sure ... and made my MK9 feel like a cap gun after.

While I was there, I was looking over the stock of new guns. This dealer has a BRAND NEW T9 (not night sights) for $588 (down from their normal selling price of $788). The guy told me they want to move this before the end of the year ... at that point they won't be motivated at that price. If anyone is looking to pick up a T9 at a price I doubt you will ever see as reasonable on a new one .... It's at Arizona Shooting Range and Emporium in. Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

mlgarr
12-25-2011, 06:56 AM
That is an unheard of price and I think right at or 20 dollars below dealer cost. Novak sights will add another 100 (from Novak) or so but a great price. I actually love having a night sight on the front and blacked out rear. It helps you pick up the sight really quick in the dark. Happy Holidays to all. PS The more you shoot the T40 the more it becomes part of you.

Tank
12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
FLBri, it just dosn't seem fair that a guy should get to own both a T9 & T40.

I made it out shooting today and got through the remainder of my 200 break in rounds with no hickups. The more I shoot the T40, the more I want to shoot it. It's one of those rare perfect fits (for me personally) with fit and weight of the gun and the power/kick of the caliber.

I can see I'll only be able to leave the house with the amount of ammo I'm going to alot myself to shoot on that outing. I don't think I'll have the disaplin to return home with unused ammo for this gun.

FLBri
12-27-2011, 06:10 AM
FLBri, it just dosn't seem fair that a guy should get to own both a T9 & T40.

I would have to agree .... pretty spoiled! What is really sick is that it was soooo hard to not come home from the weekend with that other T9. The stink eye from my wife, when I suggested it, was enough to snap me back to reality!

ripley16
12-27-2011, 07:14 AM
For all those than hunger for a T45, I suspect that the T40 is as close as Kahr's production will ever come.