PDA

View Full Version : New/Used K9 carbon steel

hss.strat
12-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Hello All,

I finally purchased my first Kahr. After lusting after the few that passed through my local dealers display case for the passed few years I snagged my very own.

Walked in to my local shop and talked to the owner about selling my Kel Tec PF9 after a whole host of problems and buying a Kahr CW9. He gave me some grief about buying the cheap one, walks away and comes back holding an all black K9. The serial number was AD1xxx so I knew it had to be pretty old (1995 according to the factory), but when I saw the price tag said $350... well I didn't have much choice.

The grip angle is a bit of an adjustment, as I mainly use Glocks and she certainly weighs more than my pf9 ... But after 100 rounds on the range, wow! I've never shot a gun this accurate before. At 10 yards every hole in the target is touching and it feels like I'm shooting a .22!

So here she is, my little rehab project.

ripley16
12-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. That's a great price. The older K9s are very good shooters, very reliable. Be aware that if you replace certain parts to know that you have an "old style" pistol, (as it is labeled on the web site parts directories). Your gun appears to be in excellent condition. Enjoy.

yqtszhj
12-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Very nice

kahrseye
12-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice gun and good price. Enjoy!

gunmut
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I bought one of the older K9 pistoles from a local shop a year or so ago for $399 with the black T finish. It has been a really good shooter.

at 350 you got a great deal.:)

TriggerMan
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Hello All,

I finally purchased my first Kahr. After lusting after the few that passed through my local dealers display case for the passed few years I snagged my very own.

Walked in to my local shop and talked to the owner about selling my Kel Tec PF9 after a whole host of problems and buying a Kahr CW9. He gave me some grief about buying the cheap one, walks away and comes back holding an all black K9. The serial number was AD1xxx so I knew it had to be pretty old (1995 according to the factory), but when I saw the price tag said $350... well I didn't have much choice.

The grip angle is a bit of an adjustment, as I mainly use Glocks and she certainly weighs more than my pf9 ... But after 100 rounds on the range, wow! I've never shot a gun this accurate before. At 10 yards every hole in the target is touching and it feels like I'm shooting a .22!

So here she is, my little rehab project.

So, what are your project plans? Are you going to refinish it, do a trigger job...what?

hss.strat
12-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks all. I am very pleased with the purchase. I was going to go with 1500 grit wet sanding but I will give the dremel a go if yall recommend it.

Triggerman,
I'd like to do both actually. I am going to polish up the trigger a bit more and probably leave it at that. I may try adjusting it so there is no slack at the start if the pull. I don't want to shorten it or lighten it too much because it is an EDC.

I am definitely refinishing it. The bluing isn't horrible, but it has worn through in a few spots. I was going to post a topic asking if anyone had tried polishing a frame/slide in a brass tumbler using a slurry. I really want to get in the spots where a polishing wheel just isn't going to get. From there I'm either going to swap on a ss slide and do a mirror blued frame or just high gloss blue the whole thing. At least that's how it stands now.

I have a feeler in the WTB section for a gently used SS slide. If it will even fit,as Ripley pointed out.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express