Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went shooting today.

Default Went shooting today.

Went shooting today, shot my friends AR 15, his Kimber .45, his HK .22 my 15-22, my Ruger SR 22 and my CM9. All great except my CM9 would not lock open on the last round. I only used my 6 round mag, should have used my 7 round mag too to see if it's the mag, will next time.

Kahr CM9
    Kahr CW9
    Ruger SR 22
    Glock 27 Gen4
    Colt Woodsman, Pre War
    S&W M&P 15-22

I had this issue initially with my CM40. Put your empty mag in and see if you can manually lock the slide back. If it locks back, it's not the mag.

In my case, a stronger recoil spring did the trick.

I manually pulled the slide back after it didn't lock to check the chamber and it did lock back after pulling it back. So, looks like a spring issue then. I'll make it a point to get back out after cleaning it in the next month.

Kahr CM9
    Kahr CW9
    Ruger SR 22
    Glock 27 Gen4
    Colt Woodsman, Pre War
    S&W M&P 15-22

did u test it with fmj over the countert ammo or some defense ammo which is normally stouter and works ghreat for breaking in a new recoil spring. It will shoot itself in with the regular ammo but it does on some guns take a few rounds to smooth itself out.. U will figure it out.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

did u test it with fmj over the countert ammo or some defense ammo which is normally stouter and works ghreat for breaking in a new recoil spring. It will shoot itself in with the regular ammo but it does on some guns take a few rounds to smooth itself out.. U will figure it out.

I had been tolde a few years back that kahr tests fires their gun with 124 grain ammo and for the most part I think that wouldbe hotter ammo. mayb enot, I seldom see 124 grain of anything on store shelves, it seems 115 or 147 is the norm for fmj ammo. correct me if I am wrong, which normally I am .....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I don't know if this would cause your problem, but, check for a broken mag follower....there seems to be a rash of them happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    It was sellier and bellot fmj.

Kahr CM9
    Kahr CW9
    Ruger SR 22
    Glock 27 Gen4
    Colt Woodsman, Pre War
    S&W M&P 15-22

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshotshorty View Post
    I don't know if this would cause your problem, but, check for a broken mag follower....there seems to be a rash of them happening.
    I will do that, thanks.

Kahr CM9
    Kahr CW9
    Ruger SR 22
    Glock 27 Gen4
    Colt Woodsman, Pre War
    S&W M&P 15-22

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Joseph View Post
    It was sellier and bellot fmj.
    FWIW my CM9 would not function w/ S & B. It jammed every single time. fte/ftf/jam. After about 5 or 6 attempts I stopped using it. This was during the break in stage. Wwb/Fed all worked fine.

Allways have a better class of ammo to try out if a handgun has any issues with what you shooting . If it does it with , say rem/umc then contact kahr , talk about the problem and they may send you a new slide lock.