Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: Snapcaps and resetting the striker

Default Snapcaps and resetting the striker

Hi, I've seen a lot of complaints about how hard it is to pull the Kahr slides to the rear, especially when using snapcaps for dry firing. You only need one snapcap and to pull the slide back about half an inch to reset the striker each time, without ejecting the snapcap! You can hear the click as it resets. This is a lot easier than loading magazines with snapcaps and cycling them through the gun, unless you just want the exercise!
    It's also handy to try additional attempts at firing a failure to fire, without ejecting the darn thing. Keep the gun pointed down range and your hands clear of the back of the slide in case the darn thing is a hangfire. That round is best left in the gun pointed in a safe direction, rather than ejecting it!
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I must had developed strong arms and hands, becuase every auto pisto that I get, rack them about 200 times (Many years ago when I took my CCW course the instructor told me that the auto pistol should be rack at least that many times), I did not find this difficult for my. But Kahr pistol are stiff though.
    :4:

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.