Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New T9 - first impressions

The T40 is definitely stronger in it's bark than the 9. But honestly, they are both easy to control ... hence accuracy is superb with both. If I HAD to give one up and keep one, I would stay with the 9mm. Follow up shots are easier for me.

When I first got my 9mm (had the 9 before the 40) I took it to the range and put about 150 down the pipe. I was amazed at how accurate I was with this pistol. Than I picked up my MK9 for a couple magazines. I always loved the MK9 and thought it was the sweetest, softest shooter ..... It was surprising to me how stable the T9 was in relation to the Mk9.

In terms of perceived recoil and muzzle flip, I would say the T40 is similar to the MK9 ... which is very good ... but the T9 is just a pleasure to put holes inside holes.

Quote Originally Posted by csman22 View Post
    FLBri - I agree. I think it's the the smooth Kahr trigger, and not the fact that it's all steel and built "tight", that allows me me to focus on the target. The steel frame helps me overall...I'm certain. All I know is that I like it better than the xdm 4.5 I had - without question.

Also, as Tank has asked, any feedback on the difference in feel of the t9 vs the t40 would be helpful. I know I want another Kahr and at this point I'm thinking TP45 but..possibly a T40. I fear that I will not prefer the hard snap recoil of the .40 cal vs the .45. Granted...my only reference is shooting a .40 Glock...and an Hi-power... years ago...but I have a feeling I'll prefer the recoil of a .45 over .40. And..because I would like to get a 1911 at some point..I'm thinking TP45 now so I'll only have to but 9mm and .45 ammo in the future. Basically. I'm thinking - skip the .40 and go .45 as many have done. What say you?

Tank - you said.."My shooting is just in gravel pits, hill sides, wood piles with back stops and such." That sounds great! I live in the burbs and wish I could do that! Lucky you!

Chuck..thx for the comment. I happen to think 124gr is feels and shoots great (and worth the small price difference) over 115 however I'll try higher grain in the near future. I wonder if the extra cost of the higher grain will be of value relative to how I can shoot it. something tell me the 124 gr will be best overall.
    Cheers
    I passed over a TP45 Tuesday and got the CW45 instead. My LGS had the TP for $499, but I preferred the smaller pistol.

I think the jump from 9mm to 45 is wise and I made the same move several years ago. I do have two 40's, a CW40 and a FS HK USP 40, that I won't give up, but I like the larger caliber. The HK is too big to carry, but with a 14 round mag and NS's, it makes a perfect home defense gun. The CW40 is a great shooter, and I carry it quite a lot. However, my favorites are among the eleven 45's.

BTW, here a picture of the C3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    However, my favorites are among the eleven 45's.
    It's not hard to see why. That Sig is a beautiful looking weapon ... hard to imagine a sexier looking 1911.

I agree with you about the T9. It fits my hand like no other gun. The Hi power was my inspiration for the T9, I have XDs, M&Ps, and even poly Kahrs but wanted a gun with soul, they all funtioned great but I wanted a gun like the Hi Power that when you looked at it, it is a work of art as well. I shoot my T9 very well and am excited everytime someone new gets one. I hope some day they become as popular as some of Kahrs other guns, which will give us more acess to accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by devildogxd View Post
    I agree with you about the T9. It fits my hand like no other gun. The Hi power was my inspiration for the T9, I have XDs, M&Ps, and even poly Kahrs but wanted a gun with soul, they all funtioned great but I wanted a gun like the Hi Power that when you looked at it, it is a work of art as well. I shoot my T9 very well and am excited everytime someone new gets one. I hope some day they become as popular as some of Kahrs other guns, which will give us more acess to accessories.
    Well said .... in fact yesterday I bought a second T9 ... LOL! Price was too good to pass up. I love having options.

Quote Originally Posted by FLBri View Post
    Well said .... in fact yesterday I bought a second T9 ... LOL! Price was too good to pass up. I love having options.
    I just read that Florida passed a new law allowing only only one T series pistol per owner. You can store 2 of yours at my house and they will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I just read that Florida passed a new law allowing only only one T series pistol per owner. You can store 2 of yours at my house and they will never know.
    LOL ... Nice try.

Want to know one more thing? My T40 is serial number ..007 ... and I bought it from a Federal agent!

It can't get any better.

now that is really really cool.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default update and question..

so...I went to the range another 2 times (total of 5) shot batch 250 of 124gr and a batch 200 of 115g. No issues at all. learning to shoot it well. Seems like it's a point of aim for me at 15 to 25ft. (where I cover the target with my front sight -is that typical? Anyway...I Love this t9.

I may consider some xs std dot sights, or straight 8's (anyone know the straight 8 model to order?) - I think I'll prefer a bit more space between the front sight and the rear posts. I like the std sights...but...if there's room to improve it..I will.
    cheers