Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First DIY Attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I think your holster looks serviceable the only thing I would suggest is angling the leather from front strap of grip to rear sight rather than straight across. Not that yours won't work just that it would add a little more coverage in your pocket from dirt, lint, keys, whatever else accidentally ends up in there.
    Very good idea! I hadn't thought of that. Thank you!
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Geez, I hope that those weren't the kind of sutures that dissolve. Could prove embarrassing on a rainy day.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Actually I ran out of the ones that don't and had to throw in one that does. Hope not!

Does anyone know a good place to order thick, stiff leather online? I'm not liking this soft leather much. I think when I get some money I'll spend it to do one the right way.
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by MO_Soldier View Post
    Very good idea! I hadn't thought of that. Thank you!

I use these a lot in cargo shorts for my MK9 or P9. Hides a bit more of the slide like I said from dirt and scratches. End up with a lot of gritty sand in everything I own just from being outside round these parts I think it just floats through the air so anything I can do coverage-wise helps protect moving parts and/or shiny parts. Keeping the rough side out like you did certainly the right thing to do to help it stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by MO_Soldier View Post
    Actually I ran out of the ones that don't and had to throw in one that does. Hope not!

Does anyone know a good place to order thick, stiff leather online? I'm not liking this soft leather much. I think when I get some money I'll spend it to do one the right way.
    http://springfieldleather.com/

Right down the highway from you.

www.tandyleather.com Good for a first attempt. I have a bit higher standard to be judged by though. My uncle does his own leather work for period correct gear relating to the mountain man recreations. He taught me, and is also the judge for my work. Last one I did was a belt rig for my Leatherman, bit set, mini-maglite, and 6" crescent wrench, the third piece of leather I've worked. Results: much better than the other one I had done, he couldn't tell that it was a home built until I really showed him some of the mistakes. One other thing, use waxed thread, and wet the leather. Makes life much easier.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.