CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What holsters do you use for your Kahr?

ttt
    Bill

I'm waiting for my new Don Hume belt holster for my CW45. I normally carry it IWB but in certain situations I prefer an OWB rig.
    I can't go to work today,the voices said "stay home and clean the guns"

Just got the holster in the mail. Really nice fit right out of the box, never had that before. It's a Don Hume model H721ot( open top). Purchased it from Gunners Alley. Good bunch of people there. I ordered 2 different holsters for different pistols and Don Hume was out of stock on both. Gunners Alley called me, let me know this, and asked if I would take either in a different color. They were able to get this one in a brown, ok with me, so they split my order and sent this one to me with the other to follow as soon as DH gets it in. All this at no extra shipping cost to me. They actually called me 3 or 4 times setting all this up. Kudos to Gunners Alley for excellant customer service.
    I can't go to work today,the voices said "stay home and clean the guns"

Default PM9 Holsters

I've had the PM9, my first Kahr for about three weeks now and have been accumulating various holsters I'll use for different situations.

First up is the Comp-Tac Infidel. I've been using a varaition of the Infidel, known as the Undercover Pro, for many years. The Infidel is a design improvement over the Undercover Pro in that the belt attachment clip is not integral to the holster and can be replaced if necessary. I carry this holster at 4 o'clock and it's very comfortable.

Next up is the El Paso Saddlery Pocket Holster. I got this holster as a birthday gift and it works surprisingly well. I inserted the holster and gun into the front pocket of some cargo pants and did my draw. Did it over and over and the gun came out everytime, leaving the holster behind. Very nice.

The holster below is Dale Fricke's Archangel. This holster is intended to be worn AIWB If one were to order a Fricke holster from One Stop Tactical they wound learn these holsters are sized to fit the longest pistol in the series. I guess that would be the T series for the Kahr. Then, one carrying the PM9 would have excess holster hanging down their belly. Turns out this is an advantage because the extra length provides additional stability for the gun and the unit does not try to flip out of your pants, (Hate it when that happens, don't you?) Well, to my chagrin, I had Dale make an Archangel sized to fit my PM9, without the extra length. Well, again, I am not as smart as I thought I was and I do feel the holster and gun wanting to elude my pants. I can wear it but it's not as it was intended. Anyway, Dale Fricke did a beautiful job in making the holster. It is super fast and holds the gun as securely as you like. Here are the pic. Note, it attaches to the belt using rubber straps.

Next and last for now is Dale Fricke's Ehud. The Ehud differs from the Archangel only in the way it attaches to the belt and the fact it is tuckable. The Ehud uses J hooks to connect to the belt. The first thing I learned about the Ehud is that the J hooks are not quite wide enough to hook my Tucker Gunleather gun belt. It does, however, work fine with my dress belts. In fact, I went out to dinner last night with she who cooks and wore the Ehud with a sport shirt tucked in and it worked quite well. For whatever reason, even though Dale Fricke made this holster also specifically to fit the PM9, i.e., without the extra length, the Ehud seemed quite stable in a pair of dress pants sized to accomodate a gun and holster. Here are the pics:

Thanks for looking.
    Bill

Crossbreed microclip for the pm9 uncle mikes pocket holster for the obvious.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Well I thought I had posted on this one at some point, but find I am remiss. I carry my P45 in either an open top Don Hume (less and less these days, and not just due to the wife robbing me of my gun) or (get ready for this) an Ace Case tuckable sized for the 380. A whopping $10 for that holster at CTD, it's stable, hides very well, and stays put. Yes the leather is a little on the thin side, but it works, and for the price that's ok.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Just got the holster in the mail. Really nice fit right out of the box, never had that before. It's a Don Hume model H721ot( open top). Purchased it from Gunners Alley. Good bunch of people there. I ordered 2 different holsters for different pistols and Don Hume was out of stock on both. Gunners Alley called me, let me know this, and asked if I would take either in a different color. They were able to get this one in a brown, ok with me, so they split my order and sent this one to me with the other to follow as soon as DH gets it in. All this at no extra shipping cost to me. They actually called me 3 or 4 times setting all this up. Kudos to Gunners Alley for excellant customer service.
    Does the holster carry your Kahr high and tight to the body?
    I have a DH 721 (with thumb snap) that I've used for several years with a Glock 23. I really like the holster because of the "high and tight" ride with a good carry angle. I have a 721OT for a 1911 that I don't care for but have been considering getting a 721OT for my K40 because of my experience with the Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    Does the holster carry your Kahr high and tight to the body?
    I have a DH 721 (with thumb snap) that I've used for several years with a Glock 23. I really like the holster because of the "high and tight" ride with a good carry angle. I have a 721OT for a 1911 that I don't care for but have been considering getting a 721OT for my K40 because of my experience with the Glock.

The Don Hume and others like it didn't work for me as they are just folded over and stitched (cheap). Always collapsed on me when I would take my gun out to leave in my truck. Then I would have to adjust my belt to compensate for the lack of retention.

I carry a Jason Winnie, they have a unique "built up or solid" side that does not allow the holster to collapse and I can re holster my gun with one hand without looking, now that's doing it right.

I have several, I have one that sits low and tight (appendix style) but I carry it @ 3-4 o'clock. The other sits up about 3/4 of an inch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a my Kahr family all suited up in leather and suede.
    Attached Images Attached Images