Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guy, new P380, few questions...

Quote Originally Posted by WPPD574 View Post
    Umm....Fiocchi is made in Ozark, Mo. How is that foreign? Don't get me wrong I hate fiocchi pistol ammo. Our policy requires we us to carry it for our duty loads. In the last few years ive seen hundreds of FTF and FTE, a number of squib rounds and a few rounds stacked on top of a squib. In my opinion fiocchi ammo is going to get someone killed if they don't step up their game with the stuff they are selling to law enforcement.
    Fiocchi ammo is also manufactured in Italy, Hungary, and Great Britain. That's how it's foreign.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    document all you do, try to eliminate all the possibilities. Get a good grip on that little sucker. a lot of issues are shooter related. You might want to take along another shooter to see if he can duplicate your issues. That way u are eliminating the shooter aspect of it. The guns are super WHEN THEY WORK.
    ^^ This and I'd suggest not shooting more than 50 rounds at a time. This isn't a Glock that will withstand a 500 round session. P380s get dirty and are finicky. All you really need to worry about is the first twenty rounds anyway. I had a PM9 that always had one or two jams per 100 rounds. However, the jams were always in the last 50 rounds, so I didn't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by WPPD574 View Post
    Umm....Fiocchi is made in Ozark, Mo. How is that foreign? Don't get me wrong I hate fiocchi pistol ammo. Our policy requires we us to carry it for our duty loads. In the last few years ive seen hundreds of FTF and FTE, a number of squib rounds and a few rounds stacked on top of a squib. In my opinion fiocchi ammo is going to get someone killed if they don't step up their game with the stuff they are selling to law enforcement.
    The .380 ammo I have Fiocchi say "made in Italy". thats a long way from Ozark, Mo.

I have been to Ozark Missouri and even some Missourians might be tempted to call it "foreign". I put two hundred ronds through my P380 and the only problem I had was a "light strike" on a Fiocchi round. Upon examination it appeared to have been struck normally by the firing pin. Second try and it fired. I have heard of hard primers in Fiocchi but normally it has been acceptbale target ammo.