Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexican carry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mexican carry

I have been trying to use a IWB but they are all to big, bulky, easy to see, also hold the gun to high. I have been Mexican carring around the property. Much more cofterable and less noticing. I do this without one in the chamber. Thinking about trying a roma pocket holster IWB but think even that will be to bulky. I only 5,3 135lbs. I also always where jeans with a belt. I carry at 3:30. What are your thoughts.
    CM9 and lovin it.

Get a proper holster that works for you and carry with one in the pipe.

Have you tried any AIWB holsters, SmartCarry or ankle carry?

Mexican Carry is not a good idea IMHO.

However if you feel it's what works best for you, at least consider trying one of these:

Trigger Holster

And practice with it A LOT (with an empty firearm of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Mexican Carry is not a good idea IMHO.

However if you feel it's what works best for you, at least consider trying one of these:

Trigger Holster

And practice with it A LOT (with an empty firearm of course)
    OH MY, I appendix carry and don't want to think what I would have to tie that trigger holster to....

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    OH MY, I appendix carry and don't want to think what I would have to tie that trigger holster to....

"I keep trying over and over to unholster my gun and ahhhhhh....sigh....gotta light?"

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post

Check out High Noon Holsters, they have some very thin options.

Here in Pittsburgh whenever mexican carry comes up we think of Plaxico...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGvh...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by 3one5 View Post
    I have been trying to use a IWB but they are all to big, bulky, easy to see, also hold the gun to high. I have been Mexican carring around the property. Much more cofterable and less noticing. I do this without one in the chamber. Thinking about trying a roma pocket holster IWB but think even that will be to bulky. I only 5,3 135lbs. I also always where jeans with a belt. I carry at 3:30. What are your thoughts.
    There are way too many great holsters for this to be true. I think its a case of not dressing with carry in mind. It should be comforting to carry, not comfortable.

As for not having one in the pipe, getting some live fire training or even a switch in guns would serve you better. You're carrying a poorly designed club now.

I have just discovered that my Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster (< $10) works great for AIWB carry. It has 1" wide horizontal strips of rubbery material on the front and back that are positioned such that the tension of the belt makes them lock the holster in position. Yet it is not sticky all over or super thick like a Remora, so it is easy to insert or remove with my belt fastened. It covers the trigger and provides just enough padding to make it comfortable to carry your gun there. I do it with a little negative cant so that the grip doesn't stick up, but lays horizontal just above my belt, and the cant also puts the muzzle inside my thigh when sitting down. Comfortable all day and very easy to draw standing or seated. Not bad for $10!
    Very interesting...