Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa Caucus

Default Iowa Caucus

The two republican front runners to emerge from the Iowa Caucus are Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum. Romney supported Clinton's Assault Weapons ban and the ban on high capacity magazines. Rick Santorum has always been a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment right. There is a choice to be made here.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I will support whomever wins the Repub. nomination. However, To me, Romney is more moderate (like McCain), and could cave in on gun control issues. I'd like a real conservative like Bachmann or Santorum.
    CM9
    K40
    Looking for the elusive T9

I like Santorum and I think if he starts to get some momentum he could win the nomination.
    Kahr P380 (part owner)
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr PM45
    Kahr MK9 Elite 03
    Springfield XDs .45 3.3
    Springfield XDm .40 Compact 3.8
    Springfield XDm 9mm 3.8

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    .....Benjamin Franklin

I don't care at all about the nomination. I just want a new occupant in the White House. They need to pick one and everyone get behind him or we're doomed.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would like one who doesn't cave on what types and the looks of the weapons we "are allowed to own". I really get tired of politicians who "used to go duck hunting with their dads" and talk about the "sporting" purposes of firearms. The Second Amendment is about self-defense, not hunting or target shooting.
    I'm not really sure about Newt's ideas on the subject and I know that wishy-washy Romney would be for some kind of gun control and limits on types and looks of weapons.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I think we're about 10-15 years past hope and change, the last couple have really rushed the progression downward however.

All we can do now is hang on for a very bumpy ride, the only difference in candidates at this point is how bumpy it will be.

Well, it looks like the Iowa voters, the talking heads and even Fox News are writing the best choice off: Newt Gingrich. He is the only one, I believe, who has the right ideas, the actual experience and the will to really tackle the problems and save the country. But alas, I just don't think there is enough intelligence in the voting public to recognise this, nominate and elect him.
    Very interesting...

I hope Santorum wins the nomination.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -- Abraham Lincoln --

I hope Obama loses the re-election and prefer someone other than Romney.

So far, Santorum's becoming my choice, too. My wife is convinced that she wants to vote for Newt, but we'll see. We have our absentee ballots for the Republican Primary here already, but I'll wait and see if I can persuade her towards my choice... when I'm convinced.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".