Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW45 Problems? How Common?

OP, I like the way you think. Anticipate some problems but then when you find your gun is without issue your're ecstatic.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Loading issues are frustrating

I purchased my cw45 about two weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. I am 150 rounds into this insane 200 round "break in period". With better gun manufacturing this would not be required, just my opinion. Like I said, 150 rounds in and seeing no improvement. it constantly jams when chambering rounds and 7 times has failed to eject properly. I guess that's what I get for trying to save some money.

Are you using the slide-lock to chamber the first round or are you sling-shoting the slide?

Did you read the clean and lube threads before firing it?

A bad guy is not going to be patient with me while I go through doing that. Im not going to walk around with one in the tube and no external safety. I should have done better research.

Quote Originally Posted by local idiot View Post
    Im not going to walk around with one in the tube and no external safety. I should have done better research.
    Correct. It doesn't sound like a double action only (DAO) pistol meets your needs. DAOs are not for everyone. Good luck finding your mate.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Some folks may be better off with a cell phone than toting a firearm....

I had a CW45, and but sold it. It wouldn't feed from 7 round mags, even after a couple trips to Kahr on this particular issue. It would fire ok from the 7 round mags, when you only loaded 3 or 4 rounds in them, and I think that's what they were doing when they tested it and said it was ok. After I specifically said it was a FULL mag that caused problems.
    It also went back to Kahr, about a month after I first purchased it, the trigger quit resetting, I couldn't see anything wrong with the trigger bar or anything so sent it in. From the paperwork I got back with it, it sounded like they had to do quite a bit of work on it to get it working. After that, it was a very reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot pistol, when using the 6 round mags. I sold it to a Pastor who didn't seem to mind that it wouldn't feed from the 7 round mags, especially when I threw in a spare 6 round mag. And we agreed on a price that seemed fair to us both.
    I was going to try my luck with another CW45, but then they announced the CM45, and thought that might work for CC even better, and I've been waiting over a year for it to hit the market. They blame the popularity of the CW380, as the reason the CM45 release date keeps getting pushed back. I don't see why they don't hire more people. I wouldn't figure the two pistols would share many manufacturing steps.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by local idiot View Post
    A bad guy is not going to be patient with me while I go through doing that. Im not going to walk around with one in the tube and no external safety. I should have done better research.
    Hey local idiot. Sounds like you know yourself. You here for help or you just want to complain?

I bought my CW45 in Aug. 2013 and have had exactly 0 problems. The main reason for that is because this is my second Kahr pistol and I read and follow the owners manual. I bought my CW9 in May 2008 and have never had a problem with it. I do NOT slingshot the slide - I use the slide release exactly as the manual instructs. I clean and lubricate the weapons as instructed. I have long been a revolver lover, so the long trigger pull with no manual safety is exactly what I want. The Kahr trigger is perfect for me. If one uses a Kahr as it is intended to be used, the chances of problems are slim. I believe these are very well manufactured firearms. Love 'em!

Nice first post, SJ. Welcome aboard.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper