Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P224 - New Models First Look

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sig P224 - New Models First Look

P224 Nickel

Despite its small size, the P224 maintains a double-stack magazine for a capacity of 11 rounds of 9mm
    and 10 rounds of .40S&W or .357SIG giving the P224 a decided advantage over most subcompact
    competitors. Newer model P229 magazines can also be used for an even greater round count.

Featuring a lightweight alloy frame, the P224 will be available in a number of configurations. Initial models
    will be available with the Double-Action Kellerman™ (DAK) trigger and be chambered in .40S&W. and
    .357SIG Traditional DA/SA triggers, and 9mm options will be available in the future.

Full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights allow the P224 to deliver pinpoint accuracy, which can be a challenge in
    most subcompacts.

New P224™ Subcompact a Classic SIG SAUER®, with One Small Change An ideal concealed carry or back-up gun, the P224 is an especially good choice for those familiar with the SIG SAUER manual of arms. From the full-sized P226® to the P229 to the P224, the controls and operation all remain the same.

The P224 accepts newer P229 magazines, allowing users to carry a full-size spare magazine as a backup to the flush-fit P224 magazine. Law enforcement officers will appreciate not having to carry separate magazines solely for their backup guns.

A Nickel model will sport a black hard coat anodize frame as a contrast to the nickel slide and controls. Custom Hogue® G-10 grips and SIGLITE Night Sights round out this package.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    tem Number E24-9-NSS(9mm) E24-40-NSS(.40S&W) E24-357-NSS (.357SIG), E24-9-NSS-DAK (9mm) E24-40-NSS-DAK (.40S&W) E24-357-NSS-DAK (.357SIG)
    Caliber 9mm or .40S&W, .357SIG
    Action Type DAK or DA/SA
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs, 5.5-5.6 lbs (DAK)
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 6.7 in
    Overall Height 4.5 in
    Overall Width 1.4 in
    Barrel Length 3.5 in
    Sight Radius 5.3 in
    Weight w/Mag 25.4 oz
    Mag Capacity 11 Rounds (9mm), 10 Rounds (.40S&W, .357SIG)
    Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
    Grips Hogue Custom G-10
    Frame Finish Black Hard Anodized
    Slide Finish Nickel
    Accessory Rail No
    Features Sub-compact size, Maintains doubl-stack mag., Lightweight
    MSRP $1,125
    CA Compliant No
    MA Compliant No
    Last edited by Barth; 01-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Default P224 Extreme

Despite its small size, the P224 maintains a double-stack magazine for a capacity of 11 rounds of 9mm
    and 10 rounds of .40S&W or .357SIG giving the P224 a decided advantage over most subcompact
    competitors. Newer model P229 magazines can also be used for an even greater round count.

Featuring a lightweight alloy frame, the P224 will be available in a number of configurations. Initial models
    will be available with the Double-Action Kellerman™ (DAK) trigger and be chambered in .40S&W. and
    .357SIG Traditional DA/SA triggers, and 9mm options will be available in the future.

Full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights allow the P224 to deliver pinpoint accuracy, which can be a challenge in
    most subcompacts.

New P224™ Subcompact a Classic SIG SAUER®, with One Small Change An ideal concealed carry or back-up gun, the P224 is an especially good choice for those familiar with the SIG SAUER manual of arms. From the full-sized P226® to the P229 to the P224, the controls and operation all remain the same.

The P224 accepts newer P229 magazines, allowing users to carry a full-size spare magazine as a backup to the flush-fit P224 magazine. Law enforcement officers will appreciate not having to carry separate magazines solely for their backup guns.

As part of the Extreme family of handguns, the P224 will feature the distinctive black and grey Hogue Piranha grips, SIGLITE Night Sights and the SRT (in the DA/SA version).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Item Number E24-9-XTM-BLKGRY(9mm) 224-40-XTM-BLKGRY(.40S&W) E24-357-XTM-BLKGRY(.357SIG), E24-9-XTM-BLKGRY-DAK (9mm) E24-40-XTM-BLKGRY-DAK (.40S&W) E24-357-XTM-BLKGRY-DAK (.357SIG)
    Action Type DA/SA or DAK
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs, or 5.5-5.6lbs (DAK)
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 6.7 in
    Overall Height 4.5 in
    Overall Width 1.3 in
    Barrel Length 3.5 in
    Sight Radius 5.3 in
    Weight w/Mag 25.4 oz
    Grips Hogue Piranha G-10
    Slide Finish Nitron®
    Accessory Rail No
    Options Accessory rail
    MSRP $1,146
    CA Compliant No
    MA Compliant No

Default P224 sas

most subcompacts.

The SIG Anti-Snag (SAS) model features a de-horned slide and frame, and the new ergonomically enhanced one-piece grip. SIGLITE Night Sights will be standard in the Nitron® coated slide. The short-reset trigger (SRT) will be available in the DA/SA version.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    tem Number E24-9-SAS2B(9mm) E24-40-SAS2B(.40S&W) E24-357-SAS2B (.357SIG), E24-9-SAS2B-DAK (9mm) E24-40-SAS2B-DAK (.40S&W) E24-357-SAS2B-DAK (.357SIG)
    Action Type DA/SA or DAK
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs or 5.5-6.5 lb (DAK)
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 6.7 in
    Overall Height 4.5 in
    Overall Width 1.3 in
    Barrel Length 3.5 in
    Sight Radius 5.3 in
    Weight w/Mag 25.4 oz
    Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips
    Slide Finish Nitron®
    Accessory Rail No
    MSRP $1,125
    CA Compliant No
    MA Compliant No
    Last edited by Barth; 01-10-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Default P224 Equinox

most subcompacts.

The P224 Equinox® features the same two-tone accented Nitron slide treatment as the rest of the popular Equinox series. A Tru-Glo® fiber optic front sight is paired with a SIGLITE Night Sight in the rear. Nickel controls and Hogue black diamondwood grips make the P224 Equinox as striking as it is reliable.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    tem Number 224-40-EQ(.40S&W)
    Caliber .40S&W
    Action Type DA/SA
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 6.7 in
    Overall Height 4.5 in
    Overall Width 1.3 in
    Barrel Length 3.5 in
    Sight Radius 5.3 in
    Weight w/Mag 25.4 oz
    Mag Capacity 10 Rounds
    Sights TRUGLO Trititium fiber optic front, SIGLITE® Night Sights rear
    Grips Hogue black diamondwood grips
    Slide Finish Nitron® with two-tone accented
    Accessory Rail No
    Features Sub-compact size, Maintains double-stack mag., Lightweight
    MSRP $1,218
    CA Compliant No
    MA Compliant No

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post

most subcompacts.

The SIG Anti-Snag (SAS) model features a de-horned slide and frame, and the new ergonomically enhanced one-piece grip. SIGLITE Night Sights will be standard in the Nitron® coated slide. The short-reset trigger (SRT) will be available in the DA/SA version.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    tem Number E24-9-SAS2B(9mm) E24-40-SAS2B(.40S&W) E24-357-SAS2B (.357SIG), E24-9-SAS2B-DAK (9mm) E24-40-SAS2B-DAK (.40S&W) E24-357-SAS2B-DAK (.357SIG)
    Action Type DA/SA or DAK
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs or 5.5-6.5 lb (DAK)
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 6.7 in
    Overall Height 4.5 in
    Overall Width 1.3 in
    Barrel Length 3.5 in
    Sight Radius 5.3 in
    Weight w/Mag 25.4 oz
    Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips
    Slide Finish Nitron®
    Accessory Rail No
    MSRP $1,125
    CA Compliant No
    MA Compliant No
    I'll take one of these, Barth, as soon as they come out in 9mm. Contact me for my FFL dealer info.
    Very interesting...

Interesting pistol. SIGs are good firearms, but IMO they are way too thick.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -- Abraham Lincoln --

Quote Originally Posted by KMA View Post
    Interesting pistol. SIGs are good firearms, but IMO they are way too thick.
    I think it would be more of a winner if it was single stack. I'd go with the P239 over this.

Sure to be a hit. I can see this moving into the Air Marshall's inventory. The ones shown are all DAK triggers. I wonder what the DA/SA feel like in the hand. The decocker has always felt wrong or in the way of my grip. But that's just me... Great guns. I think I'll keep my HK P2000sk and $1100 though.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I've been a SIG fan for thirty years, and they have always been among my favorite shooters. However, a pistol 6.7 inches long, 4.5 inches high, and weighing 25.4 ozs is not a subcompact. My full sized P220 45 only weighs three tenths of an oz more. This is not to say I wouldn't buy one someday, but not until they come out with a 45 cal.

I like the nickel model, sounds like a great pistol. I'm sure they'll sell well,especially amoung Sig fans. It's a little heavy and expensive for my liking. If I prefered to carry a reliable double stack that I can knock around I'd carry the G26 for about half the price. Retirement money doesn't buy what it diid a couple years back. I still like the comfort, reliablility and ergos of the single stack PM9 as an EDC pistol. If I lived in a busy city I might feel differently about carrying a single stack or at least and extra mag or two for the PM9.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE