Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: tp45 mag seems tight when loading round ?

Smile tp45 mag seems tight when loading round ?

i just recently picked up a tp45 and i love it i just have one question about the mag! when im loading rounds into the mag they pop in but when i push it back it seems to give me a little trouble pusshing the round back into the clip like its to tight! is this normal with the kahr clips ? or is it because its new and has to be broken in ? seems to do it with both clip! sorry if it seems like a stupid question im just new to kahr the tp45 is my first kahr i just picked it up friday . i still need to put 150 more rounds in to break in once i get paid was low on cash and only shot 50 rounds when i picked it up!
    if any one can help i would apriciate it also sorry for the miss spelling lol using my phone and its a shity one lol

If you have some fine grain sandpaper, smooth the inside of the feed lips.
    Very interesting...

give thegun acouple hundred rounds,before worryijng about something that as of now u have not even shot yet. Magazineis new, springs might betight and maybe you are notfamiliarwith the kahr magseither..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

k i will do thanks for the help !

My defense glock 19 mag is full but when I hit the range with my G19 or my kahrs I very seldom load the magazine fully. Not worth that extra pain and anguish to me and I seem to waste alot of ammo in my G19 mag when I do that.

all springs will take some type of set, callit pre-set or what ever, but they will take a set, so new springs should be stouter out of the package.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default this makes perfect sense thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compman View Post
    I was told by a pro, until your mag springs are broken in don't try too hard to fill the mag. I.E., my glock is carrying 13 instead of 15 in all 3 mags. When I put the new extra strength mag spring in my mk9 elite from Wolff, I put 5 in instead of 6. It desn't take real long for the springs to break in. A
    gain, this was not my idea and won't take credit if it happens to work some. It has worked well for me though.
    awesome this sounds good to me what i did with my 92fs berreta that hold 15 rounds i used them red dry fire bullets and keep loading to break in clips but out of work and low on cash so thanks I'm going to do this for awhile if still not broken in after 200 rounds ill deff do sanding but like u said use less rounds i notice after loading my fith round becomes very hard to load !

thank you all for your advice!

I picked up my new TP45 today. I checked my magazines. One loaded normally while the other was a little tight inserting the cartridge. I used a UpLULA loader and unloader tool.

I have not loaded the tight magazine and loaded the pistol and racked the slide to unload. I'll wait and do that outside.

I have a TP 45 and al three mags are stiff but now that I have put about 400 rounds through it the mags are a little loser