Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Undercover LEO carrying in his waist, no holster?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

CCcop Guest

Good lord! I should not type on ambien. Spelling, grammar, and proper word usage severely suffer!

Quote Originally Posted by CCcop View Post
    Good lord! I should not type on ambien. Spelling, grammar, and proper word usage severely suffer!
    i didn't notice anyhting , i read it just fine, what does that say

I go either way on this, I used to say not without mt holster, but then gave my good one for my 357 to my mother in law. I don't use one for that, and only about half the time do I use one with my 380, or anything but my 1911. The 1911 is ALWAYS in a holster.

Good friend of mine is a 30 year detective. He said he has never carried without a holster, even undercover.

He also said he has busted plenty of homeboys with holsters. He was telling me this one time he busted this 17 year old kid a GLOCK 19 in a Milt Sparks holster snagging off his ass. He said the gun actual popped out of his waist band, still attached to his belt, flipped upside down and was hanging outside of his pants when he was given chase.

Threw questioning and checking he found the gun to be stolen but the holster was not the gun owners, the kid had bought it himself so he wouldnt shoot himself.
    KAHR P9 9mm w/ Comp-Tac "The Infidel" IWB Holster

Well truth be told the BG's are smarter than we generally give them credit for. I knew a kid that had stolen a G17, and had it in an old school clamshell holster that he carried about 1 o'clock. At least he had enough forethought to holster that. I still carry about half the time with out a holster, except for the 1911, though I find that I tend to gravitate towards holsters in cycles.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I remember carrying a Colt 1911 (detectives), condition one, shoved in the waist band of my Sansbelts, back in the early 70's . --------Sweet memories -------- LOL

I might add, that we also had a leather slapper shoved in the waistband, the flat side to get their attention and the edge to knock'em down. Policing was less complicated back then.

Ahhh yes back in the days when one could role through the ware house district at dark stupid, see some one and say something like "There's only two kinds of people out at this time. The good guys and the bad guys, I'm a good guy and I don't recognize you, guess that pretty much narrows it down (as he puts the cuffs on)." There have been people arrested just like that and for that reason, nothing too suspicious just out too late.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

25 years working plain wrapper. When I was younger and thinner, I would carry IWB sans holster and always regretted it. Carried in a boot top, sans holster and got big chunks of skin worn off. Wound up using ankle holsters and belly bands for deep cover.

If holster spells LEO, then my bad guys missed that class. All of the SOB carry folks must have never driven a Crown Vic or any vehicles made in the 60's and 70's.

Toward the end of my career, I looked mature enough to get away with concealing in a Depends adult diaper. If you want see a mope get his hands off of you fast; watch when it dawns on him that his pat/grope may be handling a guy with incontinence problems.

It's almost as funny as asking the rookie if he/she wants to have ribs for lunch right after the first post mortem exam.

Ohio makes it an easy decision, if you carry it has to be holstered.
    I can't go to work today,the voices said "stay home and clean the guns"