Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Undercover LEO carrying in his waist, no holster?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CCcop Guest

New to the forum but thought I'd post on this topic first.

I'm a 15 year service LEO. Most of that, including current assignment, has been plane clothes narc or uc work. Most often I carry without a holster inside the pants. I have used rubber bands as mentioned or tire tubes to keep the gun from slipping down my pants.

The requirements of this type of work are far different than most. You may have a great $150 plus holster but if you back me up on a deal, you look like a cop and I can't have that. It's not that the bad guys don't want you to have guns, they expect them. It's just they want them to be guns they see alot on the street carried the way they see them. A nice holster is not that. Neither are those nice cop belts we often use to secure that holster. But that's another topic.

When I'm in the office on paperwork I often find that my chair or leg position cause problems with most holsters. Easier to slide the pistol around for comfort. Readjust when you get up to leave.

I carry a Glock 30, Glock 22, Kahr pm 45, and a J frame smith this way. Don't get me wrong, a holster is nice and probably the safest and only way some people should go. But for those with the experience, eye for safety, and necessity dictated by the job; no holster is a viable option.

Anyway, that's my little 2 pennies worth of input. Nice to be hear.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

Good friend of mine is a 30 year detective. He said he has never carried without a holster, even undercover.

He also said he has busted plenty of homeboys with holsters. He was telling me this one time he busted this 17 year old kid a GLOCK 19 in a Milt Sparks holster snagging off his ass. He said the gun actual popped out of his waist band, still attached to his belt, flipped upside down and was hanging outside of his pants when he was given chase.

Threw questioning and checking he found the gun to be stolen but the holster was not the gun owners, the kid had bought it himself so he wouldnt shoot himself.
    KAHR P9 9mm w/ Comp-Tac "The Infidel" IWB Holster