Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: New holster for T40

Default New holster for T40

After reseaching holsters for a T40 I went with a Jason Winnie model J111/23-4. I liked this open model with the body shield. I have to report it fits the T40 perfect and the design funtions perfect for this model. Overall construction is also well made with no disapointments. I'll look to Jason Winnie for my next holster.

IMG_0156_1.jpg

IMG_0157_1.jpg

IMG_0158_1.jpg

Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about, very nice. How long did it take to get that made? I like the body shield that keeps the slide off you.

Give us an update after you wear it for a while.

Very sweet holster; I like it. Enjoy.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -- Abraham Lincoln --

Quote Originally Posted by kahrking View Post
    Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about, very nice. How long did it take to get that made? I like the body shield that keeps the slide off you.

Give us an update after you wear it for a while.
    It was the body shield that sold me on this. That and the fact that this holster seams to have a little more leather covering up the trigger and coming up the outside of the slide than I seen on some others. This does not slow down removal of the gun.

I've only wore it 3 or 4 times now on rural hikes and it has worked great. I never intended for it to be worn daily or for CC, it's just too big of gun. But I will wear this one as often as I can.

It took about two weeks to get from the time of order, which I think was real good considering it was not a holster that was in stock. Jason Winnie e-mailed several times with one being to see how I liked it after I recieved it. Rare to find that kind of personal service.

I have to put this into perspective for you. Fine carry holsters are new to me and all my friends. I'm in Wis. and we just got CC last November. I have Koplin, Hunter, Uncle Mikes, ect. for carrying .22s while small game hunting but we never had a need for good holsters. We are all still learning this aspect of it.

I do have a Mitch Rosen for my P380 that I'm happy with, but there are a lot of choices for a P380 and not a lot for the T series pistols. That's why I posted the pic.

Good report, Tank. Jason Winnie does seem to make some fine holsters. He is the grandson of Don Hume, so he got his talent hereditarily and his expertise by tutoring under the master.
    Very interesting...