Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PM9 Pocket Desantis Nemesis, is this normal?

Default PM9 Pocket Desantis Nemesis, is this normal?

Hi everyone, my first post.

I picked up my new PM9, love it by the way.
    A few days ago my Desantis Nemesis arrived and I am wondering if what I experience with the holster is normal.

1. Holster is not a tight fit to the gun. With the PM9 holstered in the front pocket, and I practice the draw, sometimes my finger slips inside the holder itself and my finger is close or on the trigger. I'm surprised there is enough room to easily slip my finger in the holster with the gun.

2.The gun moves around in the holster and begins to slip out slightly. Not surprisingly from my experience with number 1 above.

Is this normal for the Nemesis designed for the PM9? Maybe they sent me the wrong holster designed for bigger guns, even though the package indicates pm9.

Any thoughts?

I have a CM9, and a DeSantis holster. I bought mine at the gun shop, and tested the fit before I bought it. I think it is actually for the P380 (mine has a tag that says "E1" on it), but the CM9 fits fine. Snug fit, no way you're going to get your finger between the gun and the holster. Slides out easily though.

It's not designed specifically for that gun, but a range of guns about that size. If you want a perfect fit, it'll cost more than $20 and won't be made out of neoprene.

Pics help

Good idea, I'll send a pic in a bit.

I have the pocket desantis for my P9, same as the one that is sold for the PM9...and yes, it does fit a little loose, but still snug enough to stay put. The point being (I guess) to be loose enough and sticky enough to stay in your pocket when drawing.

I don't use the desantis much b/c the P9 is way too big for most pockets. My dad has the PM9 and the desantis w/ the velcro square to reduce/eliminate 'printing'. It's pretty much the same. Snug enough to hold but also loose enough to draw.

I agree w/ the other comment that these are meant to fit various guns/brands of similar size. Not necesessarily a particular gun.

As mentioned, look at truly custom solutions and you'll find a number of options made just for the PM9.

I recommend something w/ kydex and/or a bit more rigidity...but that's just me. In the end, I found that whether it was the PM9 or my P9, I preferred IWB kydex to pocket carry. Both are a bit heavy (loaded) for the pocket imo. I just adjusted how I dress and switched to IWB.

Chris

My Nemesis fits my CM9 (same as PM9) pretty snugly. I can push my finger down to the trigger but it doesn't easily slide down there.
    The part number on the bag is N38BJMKZO. On the holster itself is a sewed on tag that says MK.

Yes, that's same part number I have.

I'm trying to post images, but it appears I need to sign up for a photo share site like photobucket or something.

Here are the the images.

After reading your replies, I'm beginning to recognize it's probably normal.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's mine
    Attached Images Attached Images