Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: February's Fabulous Fixations and Frivolities.

Default Best Crank Call Ever

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Thats great!!!...I am sitting at my desk at work wearing headphones listening to this and about to fall out of my chair laughing...The guys in the backround laughing was almost as funny as the tape...keep um coming Tinman

Yeah, I've heard it before, but it's still hilarious!

I hate telemarketers and politicians. The politicians exempted themselves and charities from the Do Not Call legislation, so they can annoy us all they want... and Call Block won't work with their numbers!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

That is great!
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Unmodified, pre-1973 (three screw) Blackhawks could discharge if dropped.
    These had no transfer bar and the hammer could rest on a loaded chamber as per the old Colt Single Action Army. These guns are best carried with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Indeed sir. Can't modify the Old Army in that fashion. Tho it does, like the Remington 1858, have the notches between chambers that one can use.

I remember when Ruger ran adds in every NRA and gun rag backin the 780;'s to upgrade any blackhawks and witht he transfer bar and would evens end the old parts back when the gun was done so that it cold retain its originality. This cost Ruger back then millions in that recall but they stepped up to the plate and didn't turn their backs on ther responsible thing to do. Many of my customers opted not to send um back though..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Which I also opted not to do. Why "deoptimize" a perfectly good Blackhawk as a sacrifice to the pc ignorant.

Kudos to Ruger for offering to fix the non problem. An everlasting pox on the idiots that "caused" it by not bothering to learn how to responsibly handle a gun.

Grab onto to something and hang on!! I visit the Earthquake site to see what's going on in almost real time around the world. I only look at 4.0 and higher and for the last 2 days. I've never seen it as low as it was 5 minutes ago, relatively speaking, hardly anything anywhere in the world. Usually means the faults are constipated but will break loose soon.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Default In their

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Which I also opted not to do. Why "deoptimize" a perfectly good Blackhawk as a sacrifice to the pc ignorant.

Kudos to Ruger for offering to fix the non problem. An everlasting pox on the idiots that "caused" it by not bothering to learn how to responsibly handle a gun.
    defense it was a very wise thing to do. They paid dearly for that AD/ND on thgeir blackhawk when it happened and with today litigation process, they would probably be broke defending the lawsuits. IMO they did the right thing and what I always felt was ther great thing was that Ruger returned the original parts, so that if u ever wanted to sell it to anyone who desired the old style set up. U now had the best of both worlds. I personaly seen no point of not doing it, as Ruger paid full postage back then and the gun was never modified. responsiblity hasnothig todo with litigation today, if a jiury feels the manufacture should have did something different. the case is lost, especially if some child is sitting there brain dead because of a safety issue in agun that should have been there. It cost Ruger mllions back then but nothing IMO to waht it would have cost them today HAD THEY DID NOTHING....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Incidental Quotation:

I am reading a fiction called the Masada Protocol (spy novel), a surprisingly well written by someone who understands the English language, and came across the follow which I quote:

===============

“All societies are complicit in their own destruction,” Steve continued, his thoughts focusing again on their conversation. “By not demanding that all its members bear the consequences of their actions, a society gets wrapped around self-inflicted guilt for failing to adequately tend to the wants, not just needs, of everyone. The outcome is predictably ineffective and misguided legislation to regulate life. Worse yet is a society’s expectation that such legislation will correct life’s ills and eliminate the risk of living.”

Broad, Lee (2011-07-24). The Masada Protocol (p. 134). Lee Broad Novels. Kindle Edition.

===============

Wow, not bad, not bad at all.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."