Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My "new" T9

Saturday noon +30 minutes and I will be cool. My gunsmithing bench is clean and ready and the froglube is warmed up!

Well how does that stainless feel against your skin?

Shes absolutely beautiful, not a mark, ding or scratch on it! Either it was owned by a gun nut who kept it immaculate, or it hasnt had but a few rounds through it. I've bought new firearms that had more wear than this one does.

For those of you who own T9's, do they come with a black or stainless guide rod? Mine has a stainless rod in it and a black one in the case. Hmmmmmm

Comes with a standard steel guide rod. The previous owner ponied up for a new stainless guide rod. Doesn't affect the shooting any but they do look better.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I looked over the lube guide, and its pretty much the same as all auto pistols so I Froglubed it like I would my Glock, only a bit wetter and I'm off to the range soon! It was so dry when I get it that there is an amazing difference in the way the action works now. My only worry is that when I load the mags, after about 4 rounds the noses tip down pretty severely and once the last round is in, it is angled properly but the rest are facing straight forward, theres a 1/4" gap between the noses. I hand cycled a few mags through it and it ate and spat out the cartridges like a champ, we'll see how it operates in full throttle.

I can hardly wait to hear a report. I bought a used T9 and it looked beautiful as well. I occasionally had a failure so I changed out the recoil spring since I had no idea how many rounds it had fired. Now it runs like a gazelle!!

it is always best to shoot the gun instead of sitting there nit pickling it...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Well she ran like a champ, Winchester WB and Remington UMC ammo with no problems. The manual says to only load using the slide release but I was able to ride the slide and it chambered fine. Its got quite a bit more snap than my 92FS but with a tighter grip its easily controllable and accurate as all get out. The mags absolutely suck to load but I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Even my 12 & 13 year old had no problem handling it and it never failed to take the next round if limp wristed. My only peeve besides the magazine loading is it spits brass backwards and I got pelted in the face when I was supervising the kids. Besides the GSG1911-22, its my sons favorite, and its definitely my car gun now.

Best investment you'll make is to pick up a Butler Creek Universal LULA Mag Loader. Works with all SD calibers. Fast. Saves your thumb.
    Very interesting...

I was planning on picking up a MagLULA, but never got around to it. The Glock and 1911 mags are easy to load without one. After loading the first Kahr mag thats the first thing I thought about buying.