Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available for CW45?

Quote Originally Posted by PYROhafe View Post
    Thanks dcollins! That does look super sweet. Idk... I guess jocko usually knows what he's talkin about so ill try just the front sight. Does it seem to mess you up at all when shooting more distance. Say 20-25 yards? I'm just worried having only the front and using this gun for future firearms classes that it might throw me off some when I really need to aim at something a lil faarther than standard SD range.
    You might see if they have the standard dot available. It still is quick and bright and draws the eye but being smaller is a little better for the longer shots. They do say you can actually use the top of the dot as a post for longer shots too on both the standard and the big dot.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default the

Thanks dcollins! That does look super sweet. Idk... I guess jocko usually knows what he's talkin about so ill try just the front sight. Does it seem to mess you up at all when shooting more distance. Say 20-25 yards? I'm just worried having only the front and using this gun for future firearms classes that it might throw me off some when I really need to aim at something a lil faarther than standard SD range.
    xs big dot is gonna cover alot at 20-25 yards. It was IMO never designed for that kind of distance shooting. Nor IMO is kahrs, although some can do very well at 25 yards, kahrs trigger system is not inducive to target type accuracy. My point of just seein tyhat front sight is that your still gonna see that back sight in ur picutre. It is a fact tha tyou cannot focus on the target, front sight and back sight and see all 3 clearly. U can get very good at poa shootin and u certainlyt can get fast with it. In a SHTF situation I seriously doubt if your gonna see with the sights what u realaly think ur gonna see. Why did a surveyr years back show that over 60% of NYPD shootings at 6 feet and under MISSED. Its called adrenalin, for huntrers BUCK FEVER.

Can one do well with xs at 25 yards? I sure in hell cannot. but it doesn't bother me as my PM9 is my 24/7 pocket gun that i feel I am very good at 7 yards with POA shooting. One has to accept the weapons capabilities that is in his hands to. My G19 I expect and I do get great accuracy at 15 yards. course it is tuned and ported also but it is truly a shooter. I can no do that with my kahrs at 15 yards, even my K9. Its me I know that but also it is the gun to for kahrs loooooong trigger system is not like glocks shorter trigger system. I ACCEPT THAT. To me if one has to cal lit a sacrifice even I would sacrifice some accuracy at 20-25 yards any day over what i think I really gain with the xs sights at close distance. YMMV. I consider myself an average to maybe below average shooter. I don''t tend to worry about any shootin classes, for if I went to one of those type shoots, I would more than likely pull out my tuned G19 and enjoy the shoot. I can tell you I would not do well with my PM9 at some of those ranges, and I guess from my stand point, do I realy care either. I am 69, I am getting to fokking old to run and hide behid barrels or hit the ground firing etc. Might be fun to watch the younger do it and DREAM .

I know I am rambling but ur gonna find pluses and minuses in every gun u own. and maybe even with sights to. some like the straight eight, some the dot the I, some no nuttin on that back sight, some likethe fiber optic, some like the ol brass bead.. That problaby why we own so many to. I have carriend for over 49 years, never had to ever draw in anger, no one ever knew I carried and today it is still the same way, only now I have went from my J frames to my PMJ9. I carry for me and not the neighbor down the street. John wayne I am not, certainly not a Rambo either. maybe in the category of KRAMER. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

the flier to the right was my bad....

Get the sights you want and like. You will learn to shoot them at any distance just like you would factory sights