Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock River Arms Polymer 1911

I don't think I'd want a poly framed 1911, it's just not "right". A real 1911 or clone will hold up to all sorts of abuse and take all manner of limp wristing and keep firing. It's kind of like the AK-47 of the pistol world to me.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Will RRA produce these in the U.S. of A.?

Quote Originally Posted by thetmanski View Post
    I don't think I'd want a poly framed 1911, it's just not "right". A real 1911 or clone will hold up to all sorts of abuse and take all manner of limp wristing and keep firing. It's kind of like the AK-47 of the pistol world to me.
    The material the reciever is made of has NO bearing on the pistols reaction to limp wristing. Both steel framed and polymer framed KAHRS are susceptible to limp wristing. It is a matter of physics not plastic.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    The material the reciever is made of has NO bearing on the pistols reaction to limp wristing. Both steel framed and polymer framed KAHRS are susceptible to limp wristing. It is a matter of physics not plastic.
    This whole limp wristing thingy is a bizarre concept for me.
    How someone can hit the broad side of a barn without holding the gun tightly escapes me.
    Auto loaders were never designed to fire and cycle practically free floating in the air.

It's just plain poor form and smacks of novice and danger.

Maybe I'm overreacting - I'm in a bit of a mood today - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Maybe I'm overreacting - I'm in a bit of a mood today - LOL!
    Heck, some days I'm just two stamps short of being postal.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    It's just plain poor form and smacks of novice and danger.
    On semi auto pistols we completely agree. HOWEVER when firing a single action revolver the design of the weapon is such that you want the weapon to slide thru your hand in the recoil as that is how they are designed to correctly function. That rotation aids in the ability to rapidly recock the hammer for followup shots.

As to polymer framed 1911's what is the big deal for folks??? Give it a try. Without having actually fired one you have no clue as to whether you like or dislike. Kinda like saying you do not like potatoes and have never tasted them Geesh.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Just the sheer weight and the grip safety should stop any possible way of limp wristing a 1911. Limp wristing problems happen mostly in smaller pistols that need to be a little more finely tuned to operate properly. I've never seen a 1911 pistol fail because of limp wristing. Just try doing it for yourself, I know I've tried shooting mine like my hand was injured in some way and it never fail to cycle the way it was designed to do. Once you pull the trigger and the slide starts moving rearward like a run away train there isn't much going to stop it. JM.02
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE