Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My CM9 shoots slightly low...

Default My CM9 shoots slightly low...

...and I have observed that my barrel is not centered in the slide barrel opening. There is significantly more gap between the barrel and the upper surface of the barrel opening than between the barrel and lower surface of the barrel opening. So the barrel is tilting downward slightly when the gun is held perfectly parallel, or so it seems. Can the recoil spring cause this to happen ? Is the barrel supposed to be centered in the slide barell opening ?

Quote Originally Posted by PCollen View Post
    ...and I have observed that my barrel is not centered in the slide barrel opening. There is significantly more gap between the barrel and the upper surface of the barrel opening than between the barrel and lower surface of the barrel opening. So the barrel is tilting downward slightly when the gun is held perfectly parallel, or so it seems. Can the recoil spring cause this to happen ? Is the barrel supposed to be centered in the slide barell opening ?
    From your description, that is the normal position for the barrel when the slide is in battery. The extra space on the top provides clearance for the barrel as it tilts when unlocking.
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    From your description, that is the normal position for the barrel when the slide is in battery. The extra space on the top provides clearance for the barrel as it tilts when unlocking.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks, GB. That's very good to know.

What sight picture are you using?
    Very interesting...

When i shoot my CM9, I put the front dot on the bullseye. I found that my CM9 shot to the left from the factory. I had the gun shop where I bought it adjust the rear sight slightly. Its on target now, no issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

In a high squeaky voice "Aim higher" No, seriously you need to adjust your aim.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bbalak View Post
    When i shoot my CM9, I put the front dot on the bullseye.
    But, where does your front sight sit in your rear sight? Snugged down in the notch? Or do you leave a little space above the 'i', i.e., make it look like a dotted 'i'?
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    But, where does your front sight sit in your rear sight? Snugged down in the notch? Or do you leave a little space above the 'i', i.e., make it look like a dotted 'i'?
    Like a dotted "i". Personally, I don't treat my CM9 like a target pistol, but a little more like a shotgun. Keep the front dot in focus, put it on the bullseye, and pull the trigger. My CM9 is a self defense gun. I don't care if I get my shot in the 10 or the 7 ring. The JHP round will do just as much damage to someone's chest. If I can get 6 rounds in a 10 inch group in 4 seconds, I'm happy.

Default when

Quote Originally Posted by bbalak View Post
    When i shoot my CM9, I put the front dot on the bullseye. I found that my CM9 shot to the left from the factory. I had the gun shop where I bought it adjust the rear sight slightly. Its on target now, no issues.

SHTF u ain't gonna line up jack ****, u will be lucky if u see just the front sight,which IMO is what u should work on seeing and seeing it fast to. POA shooting is fast and it is accurate if u practice close. kahrs ain't target gun, they will shoot in the same hole, but the shooter can't do it. I would train the way I would fight with my PM9 as that is my 24/7 defense gun and trying to line up front, back sight and target is just gonna get u killed IMO

It is impossable anyhow to see all3 things clearly, so pick the front sight and make it ur friend and the rest will fall in place when u pull the gun up.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    I put white front sight dot directly on target, with the top edge of the front sight in line with the top edges of either side of the rear sight. This does create a small space between the front sight dot and the rear sight square, making it look like a dotted eye as you describe.